Butter

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Lately, I have started to suffer some Acid in my tummy after eating butter. I wonder if I am eating to much of it he he...Butter in my scrambled eggs, if I have veg butter on that, and yesterday I made a coconut mug cake which calls for melted butter lol..Oh dear yesterday I ate quite a bit of butter. Actually, I have had quite a lot of butter this past week. Getting addicted. On the plus side, it seems to cure constipation. "Thought that I would share that with you all" :happy::happy: Does anybody else get acid with butter?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I suffered for many years with acid reflux then gradually it just lessened. Later, after diagnosis and starting LCHF, I still have no reflux but like you I think I may be becoming addicted. For instance, the only time I miss bread is when I watch my middle XL son tucking into toast with lashings of a certain brand of butter on it.

Sigh...

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Agree, today shopping I bought the even bigger blocks because what we have been buying recently has not been lasting the week.

Not your favourite brand @Guzzler , just butter. Will have to try some of your special K. See just how good it is.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I also sometimes get acid reflux when I have had too much dairy so not just butter. But like the rest of you I would rather use butter than those horrible spreads so I just try to use a bit less.

Reactions: Guzzler

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I love butter too - it feels like such a luxury after all those years of eating "healthy" margarines. Maybe rein it in a bit derry60!

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
I would be surprised if it was the butter as it isn't acidic. Maybe your body is reacting to too much fat. I'm not a medical expert but query a gall bladder issue. May be as well to mention it to your doctor.