My Fitness Pal....bug or something more sinister? Help!

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there, does anyone use the My Fitness Pal app to track carbs? I use it all the time and would be lost without it. I've just started adding stuff for our evening meal and the carbs appear to have disappeared! It's just calories showing. Help! :eek:I'm not sure if this a bug or if I somehow changed settings accidentally. Or is the an evil ruse to try and make me sugn up for premium! o_O Help! Anyone having problems?

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
19ADE5E4-D3F4-4FE9-A4D7-9B6662B2C925.png

I think I might have found the answer and it's not good. They've locked the track carbs and fat element!

Attachments

• CB810419-568F-426D-BB5E-42EC37CB0691.png
    CB810419-568F-426D-BB5E-42EC37CB0691.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 352

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Ooooh.... That's sneaky.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooooh.... That's sneaky.
I'm fuming! No warning at all! Oh well, no such thing as a free lunch, I guess! Any recommendations for (free) alternatives anyone?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Carbs and cals app. Its database is not so extensive as MFP but you can add to the My Foods list anything you buy which isn’t already there, and also build up a list of My Meals if you often have the same thing. I’m happy with it.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My free version is OK.
Your screenshot for diary settings shows a WiFi symbol that says "No Service". Try other apps that use WiFi to see if OK. If it is just MyFitnessPal clear your browser web cache (usualy in advanced settings) . If all else fails; create a new free account!

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My free version is OK.
Your screenshot for diary settings shows a WiFi symbol that says "No Service". Try other apps that use WiFi to see if OK. If it is just MyFitnessPal clear your browser web cache (usualy in advanced settings) . If all else fails; create a new free account!
Thank you! Will give it a go! Fingers crossed!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use Nutracheck to find out carb values but use my own spreadsheets to keep totals each day. My son however used it (just the free version) when he went low carb to lose weight and said it was good.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use Carbs and cals app. Its database is not so extensive as MFP but you can add to the My Foods list anything you buy which isn’t already there, and also build up a list of My Meals if you often have the same thing. I’m happy with it.
Thank you. I'll check Carbs and Cals out. Even if I get it sorted, it will be good to have a back up.

Reactions: DJC3

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use Nutracheck to find out carb values but use my own spreadsheets to keep totals each day. My son however used it (just the free version) when he went low carb to lose weight and said it was good.
Thank you!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have checked, and can still get all the info on the free version of myfitnesspal, just that the layout has changed.
Info for all nutrition macros is still there, same as before.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's okay! I've just looked up recent questions on the Help section. Apparently it's a bug on the app for iPad. Phew! I hope they fix it soon.

This was the response they gave.

"Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the problem regarding the diary screen on the iPad, and are currently working on a resolution. We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause until then. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Warm Regards,
Bruce
MyFitnessPal"

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you get it sorted . I only use the iPad app, and all is well.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you! Will give it a go! Fingers crossed!
Correction to my post: Your screenshoots are from the mobile app version not the desktop version. I only ever use the mobile phone version for scanning barcodes then resume editing in desktop version.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It does state in app purchases at Google Play at the top and bottom of the page, these will stop the adverts and unlock the key features again after the free trial period.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android&hl=en_AU

I've been using it for well over 8 months without a problem. I'm aware of the in-app purchases and losing the ads if you sign up to their premium version. This has just happened literally overnight. Others don't seem to have the same problem on different platforms and My Fitness Pal say there is a bug on the iPad. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it is just that.

Last edited:

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you get it sorted . I only use the iPad app, and all is well.
Well. That is odd. I'm assuming you're not signed up to the premium version or free trial?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well. That is odd. I'm assuming you're not signed up to the premium version or free trial?
No, been using the same version online for at least 3 years.

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I used to use a desktop computer at the local library and access via a web browser when visiting a friend. Should be safe enough if you make sure you log out after use. (and preferably restart the computer after use). Id write the carbs down in a paper notepad to work out insulin for that day

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In terms of using the App, I could throw into the mix, it could depend on how up to date anyone is with the App updates. These things are usually version numbered, so that could perhaps throw a bit of light.

In terms of App update releases, so of the big, popular Apps will put their updates out in a managed manner to control the server pressure.