What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning to you Saskia and KC hottest Feb day on record here. Coca Cola have always treated Pepsi like an enemy yet they both have good followers and shift loads. Personally I prefer Pepsi (Diet version of course).

Yesterday was lovely here. The wind felt like March but wasn't cold at all, even though it nearly blew me off the corner when I was waiting to cross the road. I had to tie my shopping bag to my shopping cart before it blew away!

Since switching to diet soft drinks I can't tell the difference between Coca-Cola and Pepsi, and like both diet drinks equally, as well as Diet Dr Pepper. Before switching I preferred Coke, which got rid of headaches, thanks to that mysterious secret ingredient.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I say it a few times, it's not worth the worry, drink neat vodka no carbs lol
Or do what I do sometimes bring your own mixers! 2 you know who slimline tonic mini cans fit in my handbag and I have no problem producing them if all thats on offer is Fevertree Light which is about 6g or more carbs. I realise you may not have a bag but pockets are good lol.

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Doc took it off me as he thought too much steroids in my system already but as I take so much I don't think a little more would make much of a difference after all they have already done their worst making me diabetic.
Day off I think will be in order as to whether I have cake or not remains to be seen.:)
happy birthday @JohnEGreen. Enjoy the cake

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Thanks for the ideas @alf_Josiah. I think a dip into the what did you eat today thread would reassure you that I eat my veggies (the salad is my normal lunch) - just a pity they didn't help me to grow up to be a big strong boy:arghh: I can't seem to be able to replace the filling effect of carbs without feeling sick (cream,butter, weird baked goods) or my joints seizing up (meat, cheese, white fish). Best I can manage is drink a little tea now and again:angelic::angelic:

Glad you're getting minerals. As Instated I felt better wth a few more carbs on board, but we are all different. Good luck.

Tsang33

5.2 mmol this morning (5 - 6.4 range)
Some background info - diagnosed 1 moth ago, on metformin500 twice daily, switched to very low carb since Feb 1.
Question - Why 1st thing morning is more often higher (max 1 pt) than that @ 2hr after dinner before sleeping with no food / drink ?
Thanks

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you and I did.

I also enjoyed the bacon cheese burger in brioche bun with chips and various veg,

Oh and the Passion fruit and prosecco meringue pie with vanilla ice cream.

I will worry about the consequences tomorrow. :)
Glad you enjoyed your day John, after all thats what birthdays are about! Back on the wagon tomorrow!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up way too early at just after 4am...couldn't get back to sleep...awkward day yesterday...work was scrappy (literally) the London traffic was awful...so many road works...road closures...three way traffic controls it took me three hours to get home (doubled my travel time)… I'm off to the anti-coagulant clinic later after I've dropped Harry off at the vets to have his split nail removed (ouch!)… woke to a surprising 6.4.