Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

Hey @slip so you ate and then did an injection?

Guess that the slow digest of the fatty chips or rest of the meal you just misjudged it and not have mush if any carbs in your system beforehand the insulin hit did its magic and hence the low BSL when out for a walk.

What did you wake up to this morning?

(Or seismic shift in the multiverse, socks on inside out, it was a nice day, should have had the triple chocolate fudge cake for dessert)

Morning All.

Seems the various threads on the forum are getting all hot under the collar about nothing as per and some seem to sit on a big chair thinking they know everything about diabetes. Bit like one of the forums on FB where someone was getting very very upset about the trailer for the new Martin Clunes comedy, however seems he just needed to lighten up and there were other more pressing things that need to be worried about.

However technology is playing up at the moment and I cant get the Watch to talk to phone/miaomaio for more than 10 minutes before it all stops reading anything. Never mind, I have a sensor change on Friday so I will do a rest clear everything out and start again.

Reactions: hh1 and LooperCat

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had the same socks on for weeks now so it's not that! :hilarious::woot:

I was 9.3 before bed, 7.2 this morning and 5.2 30mins ago. No triple chocolate fudge cake passed my lips.

Steak was cooked in butter, and pan juice reduced to provide a delicious sauce - you guessed it with a extra knob of butter! I didn't count the carbs in the sweetcorn and the chips estimated to be 40g of carbs.

My theory was fat delayed digestion of carbs (by a lot) and insulin kicked in especially hard with the walk (time from jab to walk was probably quite crucial), first glucotabs were swallowed quickly and those didn't kick in as quick as expected also due to the fat lined stomach. Second lot I kept in my mouth to dissolve properly.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip my money is on the wrong socks :)
The fat content of the food could also have influenced the rate of absorption of the carbs but I doubt if that will have the same impact as your socks.

Yesterday was a day of work, spin and climbing. And I achieved it without my BG going too low which may be a first and greatly appreciated as I have to drive to climbing (the only regular driving I do each week). I also managed some tough climbs last night so super chuffed.

Then today, I have had to deal with a first world problem. My sourdough starter goes off if I don't refresh it often enough. If I refresh it too often it overflows the pot. So refresh usually means bread baking. I usually bake at the weekend and next weekend is the limit of my sourdough starter but I will be in Finland (and I don't fancy taking my starter with me). To overcome this problem, I had to start my dough before climbing, shape it into loaves after climbing and it is now in the oven whilst I hope I don't get a long phone call at the time it is due to come out. The good thing is the house smells lovely. And I get freshly baked sourdough for lunch to use up the weekend left overs.

@karen8967 and @Fairygodmother my fingers remain crossed for you.
@SueJB there have been many many mornings when I had wished my madam was as mildly excited as yours. I hope you get your 7.9 down and it doesn't affect your day in the Big Smoke.
Thanks helen x

Reactions: Fairygodmother

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi all worldly holey ones from here in the South.
I made the rather obvious association between LCHF diet and stir fry tonight. Delicious and cooked it myself.
Mrs Kitedoc gave it a high Goodyear rating. That is similar to the tyre rating called Michelin in France I believe?? (LOL)
Hot weather has returned with a vengeance. I have just completed my 2 days using a 1 mm rise of dressing patch called Duoderm under my steel cannula patch to see if it is feasible to raise the cannula in this way for those who have a thin tissue layer under the skin and may hit muscle with the usual length cannulas.
I need the wherewithall to have an ultrasound to have and use to see what is happening under the skin.?
Well I was a GP, now a Guinea Pig !!

Reactions: Knikki and porl69

Shellback

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too .thanks fairygodmother x
Good Luck with the job interview.

I must have wanted the last one I went to. I was so pumped up my Blood sugar was in the teens all day despite the fact I'd hardly eaten anything. I kept trying to correct it bud was scared of going the other way and Hypoing in the middle of the interview.

Hope things go smoothly for you.

Shellback

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just been reading the DVLA instructions and my interpretation of the below copied directly from their website is that they now accept a Libre reading for driving a car. Can anybody confirm this?

Appropriate glucose monitoring systems

• Group 1 drivers may now use finger prick glucose testing and continuous glucose monitoring systems (FGM and RT-CGM) for the purposes of driving.

• Group 2 drivers must continue to use finger prick

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon teabags!

All the luck to those who need it today ❤️

Went to my GP surgery this morning for bloods ready for clinic next month, only to find it’s one of my friends doing the stabbing... so that was rather amusing! Next stop was Hep B and MMR jabs at the ambulance station, so I’m full of holes now. Covered in blobs of cotton wool and micropore tape now... BG behaving quite well just now, thankfully.

Shellback

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: Kim Possible
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hey @slip so you ate and then did an injection?

Guess that the slow digest of the fatty chips or rest of the meal you just misjudged it and not have mush if any carbs in your system beforehand the insulin hit did its magic and hence the low BSL when out for a walk.

What did you wake up to this morning?

(Or seismic shift in the multiverse, socks on inside out, it was a nice day, should have had the triple chocolate fudge cake for dessert)

Morning All.

Seems the various threads on the forum are getting all hot under the collar about nothing as per and some seem to sit on a big chair thinking they know everything about diabetes. Bit like one of the forums on FB where someone was getting very very upset about the trailer for the new Martin Clunes comedy, however seems he just needed to lighten up and there were other more pressing things that need to be worried about.

However technology is playing up at the moment and I cant get the Watch to talk to phone/miaomaio for more than 10 minutes before it all stops reading anything. Never mind, I have a sensor change on Friday so I will do a rest clear everything out and start again.

I saw a clip from that and the Diabetes word was mentioned by Mr Clunes.

Reactions: Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Went out for a lovely walk this morning, jeans, trainers and a light jumper on, it was absolutely gorgeous outside and I took a few photo's of our lovely Memorial park, including the Bird Aviary. My daughter and granddaughter came round and my little Cleo has turned into a little unicorn lol, her outfit was so cute :joyful::) <3

20190226_105609_resized.jpg 20190226_105712-1_resized.jpg 20190226_105754-1_resized.jpg 20190226_105731-1_resized.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Knikki

Morning All.

I can't see for looking ! :rolleyes::oops:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Afternoon all, knee’s been done, and the feeling’s just coming back after an epidural so I thought I’d use the sweet spot to say hello.
It looks like a glorious day the other side of the hospital windows - hope it is for all of you.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Afternoon all, knee’s been done, and the feeling’s just coming back after an epidural so I thought I’d use the sweet spot to say hello.
It looks like a glorious day the other side of the hospital windows - hope it is for all of you.

You will be up running marathons in a few weeks FGM :)
You had it done awake!? WOW you are very brave

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
You will be up running marathons in a few weeks FGM :)
You had it done awake!? WOW you are very brave

There was a lovely sedative too which sent me to sleep for part of it, and the after effects are way better than a woozy sore throat anaesthetic and straight into pain relief before lunch, tea and coffee have arrived. Everyone keeps talking about pain and I’m half curious, half dreading what level of pain the very charming (no, not ironic!) surgeon’s left in his wake.
Goodness, wiggling toes is satisfying

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Fairygodmother ....wishing you a speedy recovery from us both....:)....was a glorious day at garden group today so made the most of the sunshine....will be laid up myself later in the week after nail surgery on ingrowing toenail...not in the same category as yours obviously but a good excuse to put my feet up for a while..;)....hope you are soon back on your feet and reaping the benefits of your new knee....:)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
afternoon everyone thanks for all the goodluck wishes came out of work this morning for interview which went well was interviewed by manager then interviewed by some of the service users which was intresting anyway just had a phone call to say they are really intrested in giving me a trial so have to go back tomorrow with ids and such so happy days .appointment at pump clinic went well consultant said although my control was good he wouldnt stand in my way if i want a pump only downside is that i will lose the funding for the libre although consultant said if i can prove that i still fingerpricked at least 8 times a day for 8 weeks he would see about me getting it on prescription again;)so il be seeing nurse in about 4 weeks to order what pump i want they have given me a list of 4 so another positive all in all i have had a very productive day and i have an appointment with hr in work this evening to discuss redunancy payments which i will be due. anyway il stop boring yous all for now thanks again for all your support todays been a good day :happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Aaww, sending you a BIG get well hug FG and hope you recover well and speedily too, take care X

86685pf.jpg

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
afternoon everyone thanks for all the goodluck wishes came out of work this morning for interview which went well was interviewed by manager then interviewed by some of the service users which was intresting anyway just had a phone call to say they are really intrested in giving me a trial so have to go back tomorrow with ids and such so happy days .appointment at pump clinic went well consultant said although my control was good he wouldnt stand in my way if i want a pump only downside is that i will lose the funding for the libre although consultant said if i can prove that i still fingerpricked at least 8 times a day for 8 weeks he would see about me getting it on prescription again;)so il be seeing nurse in about 4 weeks to order what pump i want they have given me a list of 4 so another positive all in all i have had a very productive day and i have an appointment with hr in work this evening to discuss redunancy payments which i will be due. anyway il stop boring yous all for now thanks again for all your support todays been a good day :happy:

Well done about the job.
When do you think you will start?

Why would they take away your funding for the Libre if you have a pump?
I don't see the connection. If anything, having a Libre would help make decisions for the pump.

I have already started talking about pumps with my Endo and Dietician. If they take away my Libre, and I have to go back to self-funding my CGM, then I would probably spend a little bit extra and self-fund a Dexcom G6 on the monthly plan rather than the Libre.

Out of interest, if you don't mind me asking, what are the 4 pumps that they have offered you?
I want to see if your list is different to West Sussex.

Good luck with HR. I don't have a lot of love for HR departments.

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done about the job.
When do you think you will start?

Why would they take away your funding for the Libre if you have a pump?
I don't see the connection. If anything, having a Libre would help make decisions for the pump.

I have already started talking about pumps with my Endo and Dietician. If they take away my Libre, and I have to go back to self-funding my CGM, then I would probably spend a little bit extra and self-fund a Dexcom G6 on the monthly plan rather than the Libre.

Out of interest, if you don't mind me asking, what are the 4 pumps that they have offered you?
I want to see if your list is different to West Sussex.

Good luck with HR. I don't have a lot of love for HR departments.

Hi capt slog the 4 pumps are medtronic640g omnipod accucheck insight and ypso pump .i was quite pleasantly suprised with HR meeting. although the consultant said i couldnt have both the pump and the libre there are ways round it as for the job prob be the next month or so which suits me fine be nice to have a bit of time off

Reactions: smc4761