What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Long post alert!

5.9 still coming down from the Sunday hidden sugars no doubt. 2 course lunch and 3 course dinner out, finishing off our long break weekend! The great thing about this woe is I never have to bother about whether I'm going to put weight on! Its incredible. I just don't have the same relationship with food especially sugar!!!

Just fitted my second libre sensor mainly so as I can give a demo at my talk tomorrow. £42!!! I obviously misheard her as I'm sure she said 30 something. For 14 days! But it's a great investment as I love being able to scan Willy Nilly (Willy says he really doesnt mind!!!). Not as accurate as finger pricking but a good guide to how your body reacts to food and drink. After this one I probably wont invest again for 3 months or so. There is the option of the miaomiao which I'm considering. About £160 for info.

I am keeping everything crossed that someone turns up tomorrow. @xfieldok is supporting me and we will be sharing our journeys. MASSIVE thanks to her. Also mentioning the Stirling work done by other forum members on spreading the word and helping other members on here. There may be an influx of new members (I can dream). I'm sticking with low carb info but have keto info in the pack I have prepared for anyone who would like one. Our DCUK PR team have sent me lots of goodies to give out. Another patient is joining me. He deals with depression and anxiety but has developed a mindfulness course to help so I've asked if he would like to join us and talk for a few mins and he said yes so I'm looking forward to that.

Once this is over lots of PR spreading the word I'm thinking. Been a bit slack lately!!! Had lots on to be honest. But getting there.

Another gorgeous day here on the fylde coast. Never known a February like it.

Have a great day everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190101-102441_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190101-102441_Gallery.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 288

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A round, even 6 Tuesday morning. My average for February is in the 6s, and I'm happy with that. I'm trying to keep my BP numbers down as well as my FBG numbers, and now I need to get my LDL numbers down too. I think I was focusing too much on fats, and eating the wrong kind, so while my A1C was great last month my cholesterol was not. Now I'm tweaking for both.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Arriving late today, bit of a busy week for me what with one thing and another. FBG of 7.3 which is just fine by me, I seem to have settled around there at the moment. I will be having my next HB1ac on the 5th March.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Amazing weather here in London.

P62