What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up at a more reasonable hour today thank goodness...great INR results yesterday...Harry had his dodgy toe 'done' he was so groggy afterwards spent the whole evening watching him like a hawk...woke to a 5.6

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woken by sore throat at 4:30, finally gave in to paracetamol and sf jelly at 5am which has helped.
Bg 5.0
Last day in York today, it has been lovely here in the sunshine.

@Bubbsie glad your INR results were good and hope Harry is back to his old self today.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woken by sore throat at 4:30, finally gave in to paracetamol and sf jelly at 5am which has helped.
Bg 5.0
Last day in York today, it has been lovely here in the sunshine.

@Bubbsie glad your INR results were good and hope Harry is back to his old self today.
Thanks DJC...Harry is so much better this morning...hope that sore throat doesn't last too long...get some good rest when you get home.

Reactions: jjraak and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 but still a 5. Probably down to a ramekin of blueberries after my mushroom omlette. Also knocked my two g&ts on the head weekdays so will be higher.
Weather breaking down today which is a shame.
@Bubbsie glad your results are ok and hope Harry is better now.
@DJC3 that sounds like a miserable sore throat and cold. Well done for pushing through. Can you rest up when you get home?
Have a great Wed everyone. Stay well, stsy safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.8 but still a 5. Probably down to a ramekin of blueberries after my mushroom omlette. Also knocked my two g&ts on the head weekdays so will be higher.
@DJC3 that sounds like a miserable sore throat and cold. Well done for pushing through. Can you rest up when you get home?
Harry is trying to coerce me to share my breakfast PM...a good indication he is back to his usual greedy self:)...wouldn't have it any other way...thank you.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Weather is wonderful, brilliant blue skies and expecting about 19 degrees outside.

Unfortunately suffering a bit from the sniffles, but nothing too bad -- blood sugars have been a bit erratic for the last few days. Woke up to 5.6 today, but dropped to 4.9 within the next 40 minutes and stayed there. Yesterday's fasting levels were 5.1.

@DJC3 -- Hope you feel better soon. The sore throat sounds very painful.
@shelley262 and @Goonergal -- Wonderful progress on your fasting -- hope you don't feel too hungry.
@JohnEGreen -- Glad you enjoyed your birthday with great food and wonderful weather and brilliant fbgs the next day.
@geefull -- Good luck for your results -- not that you need it. You are doing brilliantly.
@Bubbsie -- Great that your INR levels were in range and you don't have to be back for another three weeks.
@Cumberland -- Hugs for the hypo.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
Fbg 4.3
Ketones - testing more while do a 48+ hours fast I’m now about 37 hours in - 4.8
Have a good day all I’m heading for gym now back from mums hoping to try and adopt it as a habit!
@DJC3 hope throat virus goes especially galling when weather good I think.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks PM.
I’ve got theatre tickets with a friend on Thurs, I wish it was a day or 2 later so I could be sure of feeling ok, but at least I won’t have to talk in the theatre so can give my throat a rest!