What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 3.9 today, about 37 hours into a fast.

@DJC3 hope you’re soon feeling better.

@Bubbsie glad your INR results were good.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone.

Well done on the fast, bgs are liking it too by the looks of things. Hope you can get out for one of your lovely walks and enjoy this last sunny day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like another promising day today. A 5.8 on the unpredictability scales. Probably because it’s bin day, the blue, recycling bin’s turn. Always gets my blood up trying to coax it to move into position.
Had a nice ride over the moors yesterday, hardly a vehicle on the roads - smashing.
Have a wonderful day if you can, celebrate with gusto, whoever that is, if you also are privileged to have your bin day on a Wednesday.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

Chillier this morning after the clear night but it's looking like a good day for a good walk ;)

We managed to get some logs split and stacked yesterday and did a bit more raking and tidying at mum's in the garden, it seemed a shame not to make the most of the lovely weather :)

Hope your day treats you well :)

@Bubbsie glad your INR was where you want it to be and that Harry is ok :)
@dunelm blue bin day here too - gusto it is ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A round, even 6 Tuesday morning. My average for February is in the 6s, and I'm happy with that. I'm trying to keep my BP numbers down as well as my FBG numbers, and now I need to get my LDL numbers down too. I think I was focusing too much on fats, and eating the wrong kind, so while my A1C was great last month my cholesterol was not. Now I'm tweaking for both.
The more I use this board the more confused I become but seeing wellness in the round - all the datum - and not just bg levels has to be right IMVHO. You are doing the right thing by looking at all the lights on the dashboard.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all who will be avoiding the media over the next few weeks.
A delicate 5.4 greeted me, a little surprising, but I shall accept it.

Well folks, and I trust you are well, this morning is a blank canvas for me's, but the tins of chaos and mayhem are calling, don't forget it's national bin day.

I too rode my motorcycle yesterday over highways and byways of South Oxfordshire to a motorcycle cafe full of oap's on very shinny old motorcycles, the bikes didn't creak, but the owners joints certainly did......mine included.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
The more I use this board the more confused I become but seeing wellness in the round - all the datum - and not just bg levels has to be right IMVHO. You are doing the right thing by looking at all the lights on the dashboard.
Mr Spurs fan
Is invho in my very humble opinion?
More confused etc
Everybodies body chemistry is different. Find what works for you.
But, but you need to identify your aims.

The only common thing I have learned from this forum is apart from me everybody is a pet lover, I just love to cook and eat them, with a few veggies for essential vitamins. I am also partial a little road kill. hehehehe.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Good morning everyone. 6.8 here today, which is very nice. It's bin day here today, helped Mr P get our very large bins out on the front path for the bin men to collect. I gnash my teeth quietly because there is no way that a house with just me and Mr P needs such huge bins! such a faff pulling them out, especially as I refuse to have them on our very small front garden.

Meeting up with an old chum in town today for a bit of clothes shopping then back here for lunch. He is low-carbing to lose weight, so I will cook something up for all of us including Mr P.

I hope that everyone is enjoying the sunshine, it looks lovely here.

P62

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr Spurs fan
Is invho in my very humble opinion?
More confused etc
Everybodies body chemistry is different. Find what works for you.
But, but you need to identify your aims.

The only common thing I have learned from this forum is apart from me everybody is a pet lover, I just love to cook and eat them, with a few veggies for essential vitamins. I am also partial a little road kill. hehehehe.
On the face of it @alf_Josiah, that is a wise and helpful post. Reading it a few times it makes my head hurt even more. All I want is to keep bg at some kind of controlled level without damaging all round wellness. Much of what appears on this board does neither for me personally. I fully appreciate many thrive by following the examples and advice which can be found here and am very happy for them. I also appreciate that some won't like the less than full-throated cheering but haters gonna hate. IMVHO does indeed mean what you thought.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, a nice 5.5 for me today. Chest is still bad but glad the bg levels are coming back down.
Had tears last night, hubby had pie and chips, son had MacDonalds and chocolate milkshake...and I had nothing. Think it's due to being unwell, as I haven't really faltered but last night got to me that this is my diet for life
But life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get...or in our world you never get the chocolates full stop hahaha.
Today is a new day, so have a good one...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The more I use this board the more confused I become but seeing wellness in the round - all the datum - and not just bg levels has to be right IMVHO.

You are doing the right thing by looking at all the lights on the dashboard.

Like, @ianpspurs ..and agree.

it's like a mix of those games where you move pieces around a square to 'make' the picture puzzle
complete AND one of those games where you roll the ball around a maze filled with holes to drop into,
trying to avoid them so you can get to the end of the maze.

Just as one bit falls into place or you think your almost past the latest HOLE....Gotcha..:banghead:.....or so it seems.

I think i'm quite lucky, as in all my numbers since using the LCHF way have tumbled in the right direction
Cholesterol, Trigs, LDL, Chol/HDL ratio ..all trending down..HDL trending up...:bookworm:

I do however temper that knowledge that while all could be better, i AM heading in the right direction
AND, Like the rest of the Population IF we didn't have to pay such close attention TO those numbers,
we wouldn't be spotting trends OR worrying over them excessively.

It is after all results driven.
i suppose to use football vernacular, am i aiming to be the Champions or just happy being in the Premiership.

while it may be win at any costs for some, that doesn't translate for me,

like the man citys, liverpools, etc it take vast expenditure to maintain AND challenge for the top spot.

Time i think better invested in enjoying the fruits of ones current labours.

So i kick back, appreciate the efforts i HAVE made, the Improvements ongoing and try not to get too hung up on the minutiae of balancing everything within my bodies chemistry.

i think that would drive me insane.:wideyed::woot::***:

So if i improve my numbers to near normal levels, then i might rethink,

But i still believe that trying to balance the whole jumble of markers/chemicals /metabolic systems within us would be an impossible task,

Instead i take comfort in getting closer to the norms..

And as i reread my post, i wonder if we are slightly cursed with some sort of 'super Power'
as we get to do what few others do and that's PAY Close attention to what figures our bloods produce.

.and sometimes ..( imho ) i think it's possible to look too deeply.
and see the imperfections regardless of how good they are.

Have a good un, mate.:)

Come on you BLUES..( ;) )

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, a nice 5.5 for me today. Chest is still bad but glad the bg levels are coming back down.
Had tears last night, hubby had pie and chips, son had MacDonalds and chocolate milkshake...and I had nothing. Think it's due to being unwell, as I haven't really faltered but last night got to me that this is my diet for life
But life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get...or in our world you never get the chocolates full stop hahaha.
Today is a new day, so have a good one...

aww, @AngiH ..no harm in showing a little weakness now and again.
your doing great.

simply Go the Naked burger route..( i guess it was at home)..so strip off what you DON'T want
add some salady bits from the fridge and enjoy..

OR Maybe prep something that interests you and is tasty ?

Quite a lot for those ( for thems who can twirl the utensils in the kitchen) on the 'what have you eaten today " thread.
even i managed to make the chocolate nut cake..(delicious).

Might just help take the sting out of such nights next time.

Reactions: HarryBeau

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
aww, @AngiH ..no harm in showing a little weakness now and again.
your doing great.

simply Go the Naked burger route..( i guess it was at home)..so strip off what you DON'T want
add some salady bits from the fridge and enjoy..

OR Maybe prep something that interests you and is tasty
Quite a lot for those who can twirls the utensils in the kitchen on the 'what have you eaten today " thread.
even i managed to make the chocolate nut cake..(delicious).

Might just help take the sting out of such nights next time.
Thank you. I've been doing great with cooking lovely diet doctor recipes, but I think with being unwell I had no enthusiasm to cook and the easy option for the men was takeaway.... it just got me down. Tonight I'm making sure I cook and having a nice keto bolognaise with salad.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
On the face of it @alf_Josiah, that is a wise and helpful post. Reading it a few times it makes my head hurt even more. All I want is to keep bg at some kind of controlled level without damaging all round wellness. Much of what appears on this board does neither for me personally. I fully appreciate many thrive by following the examples and advice which can be found here and am very happy for them. I also appreciate that some won't like the less than full-throated cheering but haters gonna hate. IMVHO does indeed mean what you thought.

... I like it here because although there is a heavy strain of " this works for me , might be worth a try for you " kind of thing there are those also brave enough to share the pains of being different and as importantly I think , of the process we go through. Within this honesty sometimes there are avenues which may be worth pondering on.

If we were all " singing from the same hymn sheet " it wouldn't help the outliers.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this wet Wednesday morning.

My FBGs have been running consistently low this month -- low for me, low 6s and upper 5s -- all while back to eating grain, specifically mostly oats. Right now I'm more worried about my LDL numbers than FBG numbers, I want to get the former down before my next A1C appointment, in mid-April. And I want to concentrate on "good" fats -- nuts, good fish, olive oil, and also follow my doctor's advice and avoid eggs and beef. I don't like eggs much anyway, and the last time I tried a cheese omelet I ended up throwing 2/3 of it away.

I've also been thinking about the fact that I am not a car and I can't calibrate body "parts" as I might engine parts. My body is a living, interdependent organism, even -- especially -- my brain.

I'm re-learning the truths that my mother taught me as far back as I can remember -- she was a home economist -- watch starches, eat more vegetables and fruit, and healthful meats.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m so sorry to ask. I’ve been intermittent at best with visiting this site, best intention and pathways etc... ... what happened to Banger?

I hope Cumberland doesn't mind me answering.....

Banger passed away in his sleep unexpectedly after they'd only had him a short while. Very sad.