Lost my way!!

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes! It does seem everyone has nailed it , but really they havent cos the D is un nailable! My bloods have been ok ish like under 12 for the last week ( im in lanzarote ) its hot im imobile on a lounger so dropped my insulin before we came out , today i messed up x2 not enough correction and not enough novorapid with all my meals ... its all gone wrong ..tomorrows another day on the positive side
Enjoy your sun lounger - sounds wonderful

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @jessie , I see from an earlier post that you've got libre.

If you've got a kindle, I'd recommend getting a copy of Sugar Surfing by Stephen Ponder.

It's got a lot of good tips on how to get the most out of cgm and libre, really helped me a lot when I first started out with libre.

In the first few weeks with libre, I was really just using it for the obvious things like watching out for rapid drops so I could tail off hypos, but after reading the book, as time went by I started using it for other things like checking basal overnight, playing with pre-bolus timing, checking how different ratios worked out, how much 10g raised me, how much 1u lowered me, which is the basis for working out ratios, and just generally figuring out when and by how much to nudge and tweak things with 1 or 2u here if it looks like a bolus was too small, or 1 or 2 dextro tabs ther to nudge back up before things got too out of line.

The big surprise I found with using libre is that very small steps taken at the right time can give big rewards when it comes to staying in range.

I'm a few years into using cgm now, been T1 for 30 yrs, I think the big difference libre has made is that unlike the strip years, I feel more like I'm co-operating with T1 now, not fighting it.

Good luck!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Yes, every day is different, what with hormones, holidays, special occassions, one day you've cracked it and the next it all goes wrong again! I've gone wrong today as it's the office Bake Off!! No self control!

Honestly don't be so hard on yourself, it sounds like you're beating yourself up, being kind to yourself and treating yourself as you would do with your best friend will pay dividends in living with this, we can our own harshest critics at times, I know as i've been like this too :rolleyes:

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I can really sympathise with you here I got type 1 10 years ago after having gestational diabetes with my first child my hbac1 have always been over 110 apart from when I had my second child and then they went back up again, I have recently had a hysterectomy and needed to get it down before they would operate and now it is 87 so getting in the right direction and have just been approved for a pump so really hoping it will help me gain control over things. I think my problem is I like to be in control but in a wierd way not dealing with it was my way of control, I’ve had counselling etc over the years and it’s not helped but getting my op and hopefully improving my life pain wise will have a positive effect in making me reduce my levels even more.