What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Missed yesterday.
Breakfast; a glass of my tumeric and chaga tea, a mug of tea, a cafetiere of kofee.
Lunch; a two egg omelette with spices, mushroom and finely chopped greens.
Dinner; home made chicken Parmesan with grated Brussels sprouts fried with mushrooms in bacon fat.
Pudding; Joghurt with cream, raspberries and home made chocolate granola

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all. Sorry for the late check in - work, in-laws, coursework and then 56 lengths in the pool so only just had time to play catch up

Breakfast - last 2 of my chocolate cakes with coffee - the astute of you may think what happened to the other one remaining cake. Well my darling husbands afraid of missing out on anything, decided to eat it whilst I was in the shower. Only to then spend the next 20 minutes moaning that how do I eat that, why would I make a cake with no sugar and I should have warned him they weren’t normal cakes :rolleyes:
Lunch - payday office treat of chippy so had a small tray of kebab meat with salad and mayo

My fast then officially started at 2pm so I’m a little behind the others but feeling good after my swim. Just water and black coffee until Thursday evening so won’t have any food to post tomorrow
Amazing how they differentiate between normal and not normal. I keep trying to persuade them the way we cook is a better normal for BGs. Grandsons certainly have the message that too much sugar is not good for you although the little one certainly wouldn't limit his sweetie intake without it being limited for him. They are developing an understanding though that sugar can be in the strangest places.
For the adults they are slowly coming round to the idea that some things do taste just fine.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tottaly agree, a hit in time saves nine. Remember well teaching my 7-year old to say to a local 4-year old bully "If you hit me again, I am going to hit you back" and also saying but dont hit him too hard.;)

edited for spelling
Had a little laugh this morning. No 1 has school swimming this morning but I gave 2 of his friends a lift to school as they were running late. They both said they were with No 1 on the fisticuffs as the bully has been at it since P1 and he left No 1 alone yesterday. However, he'd been mean to the girl I was giving a lift to but friends had closed in to offer protection. No 1's other friend stated yes, he had been at it a long time and he'd even tried to bully him - once! Found that quite entertaining.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed on Monday 4.7 FBG 5.9 but it was on a rapid rise as I woke up 1 hr earlier at 2.2 but the liver had kicked into production. Only got to 7.2 before it started coming down again.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. A spoonful each of mozzarella pearls, anchovies, tuna with red onion and beans, prawn cocktail and M&S whipped cream cheese.
Amused myself making yet another Dr Almond loaf - Eifelbrot this time. Lovely texture and taste. Also mixed up a raspberry chia pudding while it was baking.
D. Roasted a small gammon joint which we both had with pureed carrot & turnip and I had the last of the celeriac dauphinoise - Hubby had mash. Also had a slice of the new bread. Well, I had to try it.
Later a spoonful of the new chia pudding with raspberries.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now, I think I know what this is, but tomorrow morning may educate me differently!

Every day's a school day. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2718.jpg
    IMG_2718.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: dunelm

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DCUKMod more hints!! How is it stored, in frig or cupboard? All I can tell is, you use half the tube, possibly stirring it in a bowl, and then put in a blender? It’s 100% something, and 88 used to be American slang Morse code for “love you” or similar. I. Give. Up! but a fun puzzle

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod more hints!! How is it stored, in frig or cupboard? All I can tell is, you use half the tube, possibly stirring it in a bowl, and then put in a blender? It’s 100% something, and 88 used to be American slang Morse code for “love you” or similar. I. Give. Up! but a fun puzzle

I bought it from the supermarket fridge, and similarly put it there when we got home. No hints yet. In fact no hints until I know what it is, rather than just think I do.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not the spreading over one's bod sort either.

I can see why you might think that though; my body being a temple and all that. :)
Since the language is Thai I would have guessed at a coconut cream or solid coconut milk. But it's not and I cannot tell a lie, I have Thai friends who told me what they make so I do know what it is. I dont want to spoil the fun so I'll PM you.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, an interestink 24 hrs.

Yesterday I ate chicken livers for breakfast, and a chinese takeaway omelette for evening.
It was obviously a mistake to tell Mr B ‘yes, we can order from the Chinese takeaway, cos I can always have the omelette’.
I don’t mind once a month or so, but once a week? No thanks.

Anyway, the order came from a diff place last night.
‘Chicken omelette’
Hard to think how they could muck that up, but goodness...
Spike to 9 at 2 hours.
Then a nasty hypo below 2 (the Libre doesn’t measure lower) at midnight which woke me with a nightmare and The Sweats.
Followed by a 4 hour low in the 3s during rest of night (which i slept through)
Then back to usual programming for my dawn phenomenon.

From eggs and chicken? I don’t think so. Heaven knows what else they put in it.

My usual roast pork omelette, from the usual place, barely nudges my bg.

We won’t order from them again.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm rather hoping Dunelm wins the prize, but will only know when I cut the tube in the morning. Curiosity got the better of me. The light yellow tube of the same dimensions alongside inthe fridge was tofu, so we could all have a surprise if I'm mistaken!

Oh, and the gracious @maglil55 was also correct in her PM. As maglil is the font of all culinary knowledge, I'm hoping she's right. :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yesterday I ate chicken livers for breakfast, and a chinese takeaway omelette for evening.
It was obviously a mistake to tell Mr B ‘yes, we can order from the Chinese takeaway, cos I can always have the omelette’.

‘Chicken omelette’
Spike to 9 at 2 hours.
Then a nasty hypo below 2 (the Libre doesn’t measure lower) at midnight which woke me with a nightmare and The Sweats.

Oh botherations, @Brunneria could there have been a dollop of soy sauce in the mix, so you've been had by the gluten? A sweet soy sauce could be a double-whammy.

Reactions: zauberflote

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

‘Chicken omelette’
Spike to 9 at 2 hours.

Sounds dreadful and just trying to imagine what was in it. Some sort of liquid? Soy? Sweet chilli? Corn based thickener?

Reactions: zauberflote

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds dreadful and just trying to imagine what was in it. Some sort of liquid? Soy? Sweet chilli? Corn based thickener?

That’s the weird thing, it tasted like a v bland chicken and egg thing - just as I would expect.

Whatever it was was a stealth blindside.

Ah well, lesson learned.

set-in-stone

Tottaly agree, a hit in time saves nine. Remember well teaching my 7-year old to say to a local 4-year old bully "If you hit me again, I am going to hit you back" and also saying but dont hit him too hard.;)

edited for spelling

I agree. Some Schools don’t do enough about bullying. My son’s primary school turned a blind eye most of the time.
I was a bit alarmed when hubby told son to hit hard any bully who hit him. But never to hit first. I ranted about his parenting skills. It worked though. Bully was punched hard and went crying to teachers and his mum who stormed the school. I got a letter inviting me to school. I declined, stating I would not take time off work when my son was only retaliating to bullying. At long last. They sent a letter of apology after “investigating”.
Son’s remaining 3 years at primary was bliss :)