Fasting 7 days (probably)

Daisy_Daisy

Morning all ... post fast update

Morning numbers today
FBG 5.3
Ketones 2.8
Weight 201.6 pounds
Body Fat 26.5% no idea where that went...
VF 11
BMI 27.3

Not much change had a full eating day yesterday (well for me at least) and some cheese which tasted brilliant!
Bit hot in the night which may have been the body ramping up a bit after 3 home made burgers with 450g of minced beef.
Off out for a reunion dinner with some colleagues from many moons ago tonight so won't have any food data but we are going Turkish so will have some meaty skewers.. ooer missus..
I will get sub 200 pounds one day....but probably not this week.. maybe Christmas?
Good to see you results
Morning all ... post fast update

Morning numbers today
FBG 5.3
Ketones 2.8
Weight 201.6 pounds
Body Fat 26.5% no idea where that went...
VF 11
BMI 27.3

Not much change had a full eating day yesterday (well for me at least) and some cheese which tasted brilliant!
Bit hot in the night which may have been the body ramping up a bit after 3 home made burgers with 450g of minced beef.
Off out for a reunion dinner with some colleagues from many moons ago tonight so won't have any food data but we are going Turkish so will have some meaty skewers.. ooer missus..
I will get sub 200 pounds one day....but probably not this week.. maybe Christmas?

Daisy_Daisy

Good to see your Stats..

Im a follower of DR Jason Fung.. and have followed his Lectures and purchased his books..
I note youhave met the Guru.

I have just had my Hba1c back at 77mmols.. so im keen to get this figure down to below 58.. plus my weight. Which is going down?. I fast alternat days 24/1 then 16/8.. it had really helped my Blood glucose levels..
I have signed up with my Sugr and Glucose Companion. Great help these are..

Daisy

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I thought it would be interesting to update you all 8 days after entering my 7 day liquid only fast.
It's taken 8 days for my weight to get back up to 63.6 kilos.
FBG have climbed up as well.
Reflecting on the numbers; it seems that there was a powerful psychological factor that led to a powerful craving for carbs.
It was almost impossible to ignore and I ended up eating a lot of carbohydrates.
Unfortunately I have my quarterly blood tests scheduled for Thursday so expect the HBA1C to be around the 6.5% rather than 5.2% in September.
I won't be doing another long term fast instead will be doing a series of short 3 day fasting as and when time permits.
I'm coming to the UK to visit my children and grand children late November and then off on my 3 month winter break.
I will update as and when I can.

Reactions: zand and Speedbird

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All so proper food day 3 starts with

FBG 5.8
Ketones 1.5
Weight 201
BF 26.7%
VF 11
BMI 27.3

Dinner out with some ex banking colleagues last night
Went Turkish so managed all meat with chicken livers and a lamb skewer.
Both very nice had to eyeball amounts but am getting quite good at that these days.
Very pleased to see 0.6 pound down even after that although did a bit of walking around the City beforehand.
Amazing changes the first 2 places I worked are now being demolished to be replaced by who knows what!
And found another statin denier amongst the group too..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I thought it would be interesting to update you all 8 days after entering my 7 day liquid only fast.
It's taken 8 days for my weight to get back up to 63.6 kilos.
FBG have climbed up as well.
Reflecting on the numbers; it seems that there was a powerful psychological factor that led to a powerful craving for carbs.
It was almost impossible to ignore and I ended up eating a lot of carbohydrates.
Unfortunately I have my quarterly blood tests scheduled for Thursday so expect the HBA1C to be around the 6.5% rather than 5.2% in September.
I won't be doing another long term fast instead will be doing a series of short 3 day fasting as and when time permits.
I'm coming to the UK to visit my children and grand children late November and then off on my 3 month winter break.
I will update as and when I can.
Hi Eddie I think all my numbers are lowest of day 3 so I'm wondering similarly if more frequent fasts but of shorter duration may be of more benefit. Would certainly be easier to fit in around life!

Reactions: Speedbird

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All so proper food day 3 starts with

FBG 5.8
Ketones 1.5
Weight 201
BF 26.7%
VF 11
BMI 27.3

Dinner out with some ex banking colleagues last night
Went Turkish so managed all meat with chicken livers and a lamb skewer.
Both very nice had to eyeball amounts but am getting quite good at that these days.
Very pleased to see 0.6 pound down even after that although did a bit of walking around the City beforehand.
Amazing changes the first 2 places I worked are now being demolished to be replaced by who knows what!
And found another statin denier amongst the group too..

Your 201 is tantalisingly, seductively close..........

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your 201 is tantalisingly, seductively close..........
Yes I know.... so to fast or not... out for dinner on thursday... decisions decisions...but I'd rather see if I can maintain here than try and force it..

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I know.... so to fast or not... out for dinner on thursday... decisions decisions...but I'd rather see if I can maintain here than try and force it..
Yes quite agree short 3 day fasts would probably be just as effective and more readily manageable.
Just wondering if autophogy would occur.
No way of knowing.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes quite agree short 3 day fasts would probably be just as effective and more readily manageable.
Just wondering if autophogy would occur.
No way of knowing.
I think you'd probably get the benefits.. they reckon even overnight may start some of the processes so continuing for 72 hours should be good. And I guess as overnight is effectively a dry fast that would kick start it even more.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see your Stats..

Im a follower of DR Jason Fung.. and have followed his Lectures and purchased his books..
I note youhave met the Guru.

I have just had my Hba1c back at 77mmols.. so im keen to get this figure down to below 58.. plus my weight. Which is going down?. I fast alternat days 24/1 then 16/8.. it had really helped my Blood glucose levels..
I have signed up with my Sugr and Glucose Companion. Great help these are..

Daisy
Sounds like you have a good plan in place.. I 16:8 more like 18:6 to be honest every day (apart from teas and coffees) seemed to work well for me especially alongside severe carb restriction.

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got back from 3 days holiday in Prague, lots of walking but also plenty of beer and even some chips and dumplings. I lost 3 lbs, so fasting to lose weight seems suprisingly ineffective.

Bah humbug. Fasting is an absolutely certain method to lose weight, up until emaciation and starving to death. Which I guess is extreme autophagy.. :p

Trick is to find the happy medium where there's safe weight loss, minimal hunger pangs or cravings for awesome Czech beer & food and enough energy to tackle Prague's hills. I think fasting has the potential to be a 'fad' diet, but is more about finding a diet/eating lifestyle that gives us the energy we need and the weight we want. It's not something that's a magic bullet that will produce perfect results in days, or your money back. Or perhaps fasting diet books should also be accompanied by a 'Malnutrition and you!' guide..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Post fast Day 4 update

FBG 5.2
Ketones 1.4
Weight 203 ( had a take away curry last night and might be transit issues!)
Body fat 25.8 no idea why the sudden drop.. chicken tikka must develop muscles pretty fast
VF 11
BMI 27.5

Everything else pretty much back to normal..including the ups and downs in weight by the look of things..

Reactions: set-in-stone

set-in-stone

Post fast Day 4 update

FBG 5.2
Ketones 1.4
Weight 203 ( had a take away curry last night and might be transit issues!)
Body fat 25.8 no idea why the sudden drop.. chicken tikka must develop muscles pretty fast
VF 11
BMI 27.5

Everything else pretty much back to normal..including the ups and downs in weight by the look of things..

Well done for completing the challenge.
There’s hope for the rest of us!

Reactions: bulkbiker

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update after a week of back to eating...

FBG 5.5
Ketones 0.8

Weight 204.8 pounds
Body fat 27.8 %
VF 11
BMI 27.8

So of the 8 pounds lost during the fast 4 have so far stayed off.. phew!
FBG's have been in the mid 5's with only one over 6 (6.2) probably due to a bad night's sleep.
Following the usual one/two meal a day routine with mainly animal sourced food.
Although I did have 50g of raspberries a couple of days ago with cream and yoghurt.
Have a great day all!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good news about the 4 pounds. :D

and now I want some raspberries too...

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Although I did have 50g of raspberries a couple of days ago with cream and yoghurt.
Have a great day all!

I've noticed that a side-effect of fasting is breaking fast with something simple like that makes them seem to taste soooo much nicer than if you eat them regularly!

Fasting, helping appreciate the finer things in life.. :p

Reactions: Flora123

sunnybouy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was stuck at 230 lbs for ages. Till I discovered IF MID JAN, got down to 226, the 3 day fast last week it dropped to 220, have not seen that in 35 years. FBG was 4.7 during the fast, but back to 6.1 as normal, weight still at, 220.

Waist down to size 34 from 36, last summer was 38, previous 42.

IF works, Dr Berg says small protein as it will effect BG if too much