Anyone have hand problems i.e Neuropathy

Ryann1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Does it feel like a deep aching with a kind of stiff sensation ? Just had this come on in both my hands in the last two days I thought it could be bilateral carpel tunnel but who knows I have had upper back and arm pains recently with aching and stiffness.

Does hand neuropathy come before foot ? or after as my feet are fine and I have full feeling.

I mean the hand problem could just be a unrelated inflammation problem as I have only had diabetes for 12 years. I mean its not the best controlled at times but I wouldn't expect severe neuropathy already.

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
It does sound like an inflammation related problem.
Hope you feel better soon.
Take care

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Ryann1990, If you google mayoclinic.org - Peripheral neuropathy you can read what the usual symptoms are and compare them to your own.
Perhaps do the same for -Carpal tunnel syndrome and see how that compares too.
I recall that I would get some swelling of hands and stiffness which led some months after to signs of carpal tunnel problems in one wrist/hand and later the other. Worse if I had been doing anything to strain my wrist and fingers.
Further on I got trigger fingers, where the tendons of the one or two fingers thicken up in certain areas and make it difficult to move the fingers - a type of stiffness and then for the offending finger, a sudden release as the swelling slips through one of the tissue 'pulleys' that all our tendons run through.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I would check with your doctor it could be many things it might be a blood flow problem which will spread to your feet in due course It is easily treated if caught early enough but may require surgery if left too long better to be safe than sorry

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Carpel tunnel doesn't normally come on that fast though. Generally something specific would trigger the earlier stages like pins and needles, numbness in the thumb and palm, weak grip, mine was riding my motorcycle.

By the time I went to the doctors with mine it must have been serious.

I went from gp to nerve conductivity test, (where I should apparently have been crying in pain from the voltage they needed for me to feel) to the knife in less than a month.

Trip to the docs to be certain.

M

Member496333

When I had neuropathy it was mostly in my feet. Unbearable pain. In my hands it only showed as intermittent cramps and the odd mild shooting pain. Couldn’t say which came first. My recollection is that both materialised around the same time as I began to get by diabetes under control.