What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

3813043135_2c5265a1c2_b.jpg

The Dodge that had a good time too.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Went to bed with a monstrous headache and woke up with it still there :banghead: ended my fast last night at 29hrs in the hope some food might help. Obviously not and woken to a low 3.3 which I can’t explain - double checked with a new pot of strips in case it was an error and got 3.5 so fbg is definitely around there somewhere

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

Not looking like a bad day so far, we're off out volunteering this morning, getting back to normal routine after mr. gee's lurgy episode. Had a really enjoyable coast walk yesterday in the sunshine to make the most of the day :happy:

Hope your day goes well :)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning all. Went to bed with a monstrous headache and woke up with it still there :banghead: ended my fast last night at 29hrs in the hope some food might help. Obviously not and woken to a low 3.3 which I can’t explain - double checked with a new pot of strips in case it was an error and got 3.5 so fbg is definitely around there somewhere
Low blood glucose levels will give you a headache, take care.

Reactions: Cumberland

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
5.0 this morning. Last night I went to an evening yoga class. I dont exactly know why but as I'm a newbe there I feel a little strange in a room full of woman and me. The class is tuff though .... this morning I'm feeling a little battered although at the time I really didn't think I was doing anything excessive.... anyhow have a good day all

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars still a bit wonky from the cold. They went up to 7.1 half an hour after taking an ibuprofen yesterday -- up by 1 mmol. Does ibuprofen raise blood sugars? Have any of you experienced something similar?

Woke up this morning to 5.3 this morning, so better than yesterday. Hope this means I am on the mend.

Take care everybody. Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all I’ve completed my fast as of this morning so looking forward to eating again from mid morning my figures fasted state first thing
Fbg 4.0
Ketones 4.1
Hope everyone has a good day despite downturn in weather and that your headache goes Emma - hug heading your way do take care.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Does ibuprofen raise blood sugars? Have any of you experienced something similar?

I took some ibuprofen last night I find the pain in my neck can be a pain in the neck, my BG was 4.4 at the time this morning was 4.5 so no great alteration in BG levels. Though don't know what it did in the intervening time.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...almost finished my paperwork just some invoices to do...posting late...ate late...got up late(r) seems to be a pattern there...decisions...shall I drive down to London and drop my paperwork off or do I rely on the vagaries of the Royal Mail...woke to a 6.1

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Low blood glucose levels will give you a headache, take care.
Thanks Phil - I’ve never been this low. Handle being in the high 3’s fine. So don’t know if it is the lower levels, or it was suggested lack of salt due to my fasting or if I’m just coming down with something. I ended my fast so that I can eat normally and get my levels back to my normal and see if that solves it - if not it’s just a good old annoying headache