Fasting... vegetarian that don't want to loose weight

worldtraveller

I'm a 57 year old, healthy weight with A1 5.9. My doctor suggested that I do intermittent fasting to get a quick response to lower my sugars. I'm new at this and am going to do a 16-8 twice a week. Any suggestions for vegetarians?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Umm, if you are fasting why should being veggie make a difference? Fasting is fasting.

T2#Me

I'm a 57 year old, healthy weight with A1 5.9. My doctor suggested that I do intermittent fasting to get a quick response to lower my sugars. I'm new at this and am going to do a 16-8 twice a week. Any suggestions for vegetarians?

there is a sub section on this forum for vegetetarians ... might be helpful.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
An A1C of 5.9% is in the non-diabetic range. Not even pre-diabetic. Why does your doctor think you need to lower your blood sugar levels?

worldtraveller

According to my GP feels that 5.9 is too high and is leading me down a dangerous path.. My A1 has gone from 5.3 to 5.9 over three years. I have siblings with diabetes, along with one parent, and five aunts, including one aunt who was blind and lost a leg. This is why I'm going to stay ahead of this slippery slope. My doctor strongly urged me to get a grip of my eating habits. .

worldtraveller

if you are fasting why should being veggie make a difference? Fasting is fasting. Unhelpful response, but you do have a point.. Thanks

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I disagree with the Mayo Clinic. But regardless, rather than fasting, you should reduce carbohydrate intake to reduce your blood glucose levels.

Reactions: OrsonKartt