Type 1 Diabetic, 22 years old

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Mossy121, Welcome aboard, youngster !! I am aged 65, and have had T1D for 52 years.
If the on-site Moderator places your post in the 'Adults and Teenagers' forum I am sure you will find people your own age.
But please do not forget us oldies as we have had lots of experience !! Best Wishes on your journey !!:):):)
IMG_3067.jpg

And it is all about balance
P3310264.jpg

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Just wondered how old people are? as haven’t found many Type 1 diabetics my age. Been diagnosed for 4 years, need some Diabetic friends.

Hi, I'm 26 (just turned today in fact!), been diabetic since the age of 8. Happy to help with anything you need a hand with...

Reactions: Domi0205

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
35, diagnosed 20 years ago........

My younger brother is type one and I came across a few during my high school days.....other than that, no one else is around.....

Just as well, as I would get tired of lecturing them all......;)

Reactions: Miriam12345
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey :) I’m 22 and been diabetic 6 years. Happy to help with anything you need! Must admit I know a lot of people a few years younger/older but no one the same age xx

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey :) I’m 22 and been diabetic 6 years. Happy to help with anything you need! Must admit I know a lot of people a few years younger/older but no one the same age xx
Yes it always difficult to find others, fortunately (or unfortunately) one of my best friends is also type 1 diabetic and we studied together etc. So I have someone to relate to.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

hazedsoundz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
35, diagnosed 20 years ago........

My younger brother is type one and I came across a few during my high school days.....other than that, no one else is around.....

Just as well, as I would get tired of lecturing them all......;)

What was it like for u being diagnosed at 15? I was diagnosed at the same age

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What was it like for u being diagnosed at 15? I was diagnosed at the same age

Looking back I didn't think it was too bad....

I took it all on myself from day one......was using mixed insulin's for many years so my management wasn't too full on....

And of course, in the early years of diabetes your body can take a pounding without feeling too rough.....

changes days now though....;)

how about you?

Tswa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
24, diagnosed 8 years :) Happy to chat to anyone who needs support!

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
39, dx'd 19 years ago. Roughly 35000 shots later still going strong! Getting a pump soon.

bidder1603

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
none- fiction and tuna
Hey! 22 and diagnosed 20 years ago! Feel free to give me a message

amyhowes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
Just wondered how old people are? as haven’t found many Type 1 diabetics my age. Been diagnosed for 4 years, need some Diabetic friends.
Hi, I'm 19 and I've diabetes for 17 years, send me a message, I'd be happy to chat!

leahkian

Mossy121 I am 43 but have not had diabetes for 4 years after a pancreas and kidney transplant, now do not start jumping about thinking this is a cure it is not. You do not need insulin as long as the pancreas is working then it is back to diabetes and you can get fake hypo's even though you are not a diabetic. You replace insulin with tablets and still have hospital visits but it takes about 2 years to stop carb counting!! Picking up diet pop but you stick to much the same diet but you can have that treat you fancy, so as you can see we are all here with a story to tell and to help through the bad times and laugh at the good times.

Reactions: porl69