Anxiety

emily deacon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys,

I’ve been diabetic for 8 years now, and i struggle a lot with anxiety around diabetes in general. I’ve tried talking to a lot of people but i don’t know anyone with the same medical condition as me and sometimes find it hard as they struggle to give me advise when they don’t have it themselves. If there’s anyone out there who is up for a random chat whenever they feel like they need a fellow diabetics advise, i would love to talk to some of you. Sometimes we just need a diabetic buddy that can help...

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey guys,

I’ve been diabetic for 8 years now, and i struggle a lot with anxiety around diabetes in general. I’ve tried talking to a lot of people but i don’t know anyone with the same medical condition as me and sometimes find it hard as they struggle to give me advise when they don’t have it themselves. If there’s anyone out there who is up for a random chat whenever they feel like they need a fellow diabetics advise, i would love to talk to some of you. Sometimes we just need a diabetic buddy that can help...

Hi Emily - That's what this whole site is about; those with diabetes, supporting those with diabetes.

If you want random, you might be interested to look at https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-1stars-r-us.150597/ That's mainly populated by T1s with just day to day stuff. I'm sure they'd welcome another travellor on the road.

Kimble73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How do you get over the anxiety I've had diabetes for 7 years and still have anxiety it's debilitating, I have problems sleeping, and my mom passed away 3 years ago, and have anxiety without her, she eased the fear a bit of having this disease, I felt that I would be fine as long as she was here for me, I'm grieving her so much it's painful.

Reactions: emily deacon

MS6502

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@emily deacon I’m here for you. Been type 2 for 10 years and just been put on insulin. Some days are good some days not so good. Stress/anxiety is our worst enemy. I go for a walk to try and reduce this. Here whenever you need to chat

Kimble73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm not on insulin yet, but I would think that's a whole other ball game, learning when to take it ect. I have back issues to, so my excercising isn't as regular as I would like it t be. Before I hurt my back I would walk everyday, had my sugars in the 5's my last A1c's was 6.1, due to no excercise and stress eating. We had another tragic loss in the family, and t just brought up all the grief again of my mom. It's been a rollercoaster of stress and emotions for me. What do you do when your so devastated, from loss. I eat, and get down. My weight is not out of control. But Inow I could at least lose 5 lbs. But just don't have the energy, the grief takes all that and stress of family issues, not a lot of support with the diabetes, kind of on the back burner, cause everyone is in a grief mode from my brother in laws passing, in Oct. so I'm on my own with everything.
Did you lose interest in cooking when you were diagnosed, I have my husband has cooked dinner ever since I was diagnosed. I never know enough variety in what to cook, I get tired of almost the same foods all the time. I'm on medication for my anxiety around the diabetes. But it still acts up, and can be pretty troublesome, people don't understand that diabetes can cause anxiety, when you have a chronic illness, it effects you mentally to, I have both the depression to. Before I was diagnosed I was completely fine. This disease can cause a lot of stress, and some people can be very insensitive to how you feel about the disease. Or they put more fear in you then you already have. Or you get you must of been fat, or so many people have diabetes stop worrying, ect. The list goes on, and doesn't help. It's the ignorance of others that make this disease harder to live with.