What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
9.5 this morning! oh my goodness! probably that chinese food last night, though I did try to go easy on the rice...it was just too tempting. Going to walk down to the shops in a while to walk it off a bit.

I hope that you are all enjoying Saturday.

P

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In general supplementing with potassium and magnesium bisglycinate works for me. These sorts of persistent night cramps haven’t happened for a while.

Sorry to hear of your recent hassle @Goonergal
Nice tip tho, looked up this, and the review look good for cramps..but also for sleeping/insomnia. And rather unexpectedly, asthma and bronchial issue. Who knew

Every days a school day on the DCUK

Hope today's a better day

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are off to borrow a spaniel puppy in a minute -

my daughter signed up with ‘borrow my dog’ which connects people who own dogs but need help walking them, and those who miss walking a dog. She has 2 regulars, Sidney is completely bonkers but adorable so it’ll be a busy day.

Isn't "Puppy Rustling" STILL illegal...mmhh

Loving the very idea of that.
Certainly helps, with like minded people all getting the benefit.

Great idea....:headphone:

enjoy your day @DJC3

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

No fbgs today because I ran out of strips. Fortunately, they just arrived in today's mail, so will be back to posting tomorrow.

Thanks for all the kind wishes re my cold. Feeling definitely much better today, so hopeful that I will be back to normal soon.

@karen8967 -- keeping my fingers crossed for the interview. Would be nice to have a choice of jobs.
@Goonergal -- Hugs for the cramps and abbreviated sleep. Hope tonight will be better for you.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
US branch of International Edition reporting in to report that once again the weather here is not cooperating with reporter's plans for the day .. blue sky between clouds is calling me to come out and play, while yesterday's two grocery-shopping trips are telling me to stay in and sleep it off. First trip was pushing the wheelchair of a friend who is recovering from knee surgery -- now I know firsthands (and back and legs) why they invented motorized wheelchairs! We had fun though, it is almost always fun to grocery-shop with a friend.

@karen8967 , good luck with the job hunt. And congratulations for having been in one job for so many years -- I wish I could have done that -- commiserations on it ending, though. I hope you will have your pick of new ones.

@Goonergal , I hope you are able to have a restful day and are feeling much better.

@DJC3 , I love the borrow-a-dog idea! My apartment building has something similar and it seems to work well for all participants including the dogs!

@OrsonKartt , the KittenCat has to go to the vet for her senior blood work on Monday. She says she would much rather YOU drove her so she could ride in your car sitting by the glove compartment. ^. .^

@dunelm , I love "jabbometer"! I think you should patent that. ;)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't "Puppy Rustling" STILL illegal...mmhh

Loving the very idea of that.
Certainly helps, with like minded people all getting the benefit.

Great idea....:headphone:

enjoy your day @DJC3

Yes it’s such a good idea. We really miss having a dog but we’re not in a position to get another yet, this is a real win win situation.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg for week..5.5/6.0/5.8/5.9/5.3/6.4....like dancing on ice scores..:rolleyes: LoL
bit more top end then i'd like, but hey...is wot it is.

Really starting to feel at home with the new food regime after near on 5 months.

starting to compile a little list to help me remember for the shopping, what it is i DO like now.
my tastes have changed SO much these last few months.

Simple enough to just add inside kitchen cupboard door..
saves the wasted buys that i just don't eat yet still throw in the trolley 'just'; in case for old times sake

and of course the stuff i want, that i REALLY REALY want..:woot:
we've run out of, haven't we..ain't that the way it ALWAYS Goes...:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Got to the point now, where as many say, some food aisles are just missed out..

But that just plays havoc with my sense of order.

Supermarket shopping 101#..EVERY aisle, from beginning to end, regardless of what i need..dems da rules.

I just can't be doing the dash to aisle 16, then back to aisle 3, then off to asile 9, etc....:***:
but i AM trying...:D

(yes, yes i know.."make a shopping list and stick to it"...
but i LIKE to check out stuff i MIGHT like.
and how do i do that
without cruising all the aisles,,:banghead: ...;))

have a good sunday all.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love the dancing on ice scores, @jjraak . But I think -- as you say -- our scores should be less like ice dancing and more like 3-day eventing scores -- the lower the better (just not TOO low!).

I did something horrid yesterday and bought an iced cinnamon bun that I'd been eyeing for weeks but resisting. It was even better at home than it looked in the store bakery, especially with a glass of cold milk. I ate far too much of it and then threw the rest down the garbage chute. (Well, put one piece in the freezer for next Christmas morning.) Uh-huh. Yeah.

I was so pleased with myself earlier yesterday for resisting my friend's offer of 1 of the 2-for-1 biscotti special -- then when I went back I bought the cinnamon bun. Oh, well, cinnamon is supposed to be good for you ...

Roll on, Lent, hopefully it will easier to resist temptation with an "official" reason.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 Friday
5.4 today

Over the moon today to receive my first email to my new surgery email. First presentation seemed to be ok. I am out of my comfort zone but having @xfieldok there supporting was phenomenal. Her cheesy nibbles are attracting quite a crowd!!! Here is the email I received. I'm so happy.

Well Done Debra. My friend Marilyn came along and was very impressed and feeling very motivated after your presentation! Shopping today with her and celeriac and sliced Gouda cheese on her shopping list... after being type 2 for over 25yrs and quite unadventurous in her eating(despite my efforts ha ha) she is taking onboard many of the ideas you talked about!
However can you let me have the recipe for the Gouda cheese nibbles please.... was it actually just small pieces of Gouda baked in oven on lowest setting?
Well Done again
Pauline

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did something horrid yesterday and bought an iced cinnamon bun that I'd been eyeing for weeks but resisting. It was even better at home than it looked in the store bakery, especially with a glass of cold milk. I ate far too much of it and then threw the rest.

I was so pleased with myself earlier...... then when I went back I bought the cinnamon bun. Oh, well, cinnamon is supposed to be good for you ...

Omg .cinnamon bun AND cold milk. YUM.

so not only me who still ogles the good stuff ...lol.

Loving how descriptive that tale is.....:D

Don't beat yourself up, @SaskiaKC .
Sure we've all had our moments like that

Put Satan behind you, and move on into tomorrow. We live, we love, we survive...

rinse & repeat daily.;)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Sunday, Sleepyheads! :)

tenor.gif