What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@maglil55 and @Goonergal

Yes, had quite a nice time - maybe next time do a bit more research on the 'cottage " but it was a very last minute booking (less than 24 hours).

@Goonergal Thank goodness you managed to get an appointment with your doctor. I must admit that when I was fasting I was drinking loads of water but it seemed to be coming out as fast as it was going in so dehydration could be the problem.

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must admit that when I was fasting I was drinking loads of water but it seemed to be coming out as fast as it was going in so dehydration could be the problem.

Same here! Might as well just pour it down the loo! Mind you I used to say that about gin in my student days :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

B: none
L: 2 egg and 3 rashers bacon
S: mr B FINALLY asked for the pretend sticky toffee pud i was going to make him on Valentines Day. Low carb, of course. It was really a vanilla and caramel essence mug cake with one of those zero carb Toffee sauces over the top and cream, not custard, so all a bit of a bodge, really.
He seemed happy enough though, and the smell was divine. Including the toffee sauce. So I had a tiny smidge of it. The flavour left a lot to be desired though. That horrible artificial sweetener tang. Mr B can’t taste that though, and liked it enough to want more tomorrow. :D
D: moroccan spiced mince and oomi noodles.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goonergal Glad you're feeling better. Your new dessert sounds delicious!
@Kingmidas Those cupcakes look amazing!
@shelley262 Brilliant to see you featured in the press. Such an inspiration!

As expected, I ate far too much this evening! We visited our favourite American smokehouse / grill. Back on the wagon tomorrow.

Breakfast: Lemon and lime chia pud with flaked almonds. Coffee and cream
Mid morning: Almond milk cappuccino
Lunch: Bresaola, chorizo, alpine cheese, chicory, fennel, cucumber and tomato.
Early Dinner: Reuben style burger with salt beef, sauerkraut, pickles, Swiss cheese. I ate some of the bun and a few fries, but tried to be restrained. Mr B had an enormous burger with everything but the kitchen sink (but not carby!) on it, no bun, extra salad and literally 3 or 4 fries.

In other news, I made this as a vessel for my new LC lemon curd. Not too bad for LC bread....not eggy at all!

I'll report back on how it toasts. This was the recipe: https://sugarfreelondoner.com/low-carb-bread-chia-almond-bread/

Attachments

• 213496CB-262C-487D-9B93-48F065BDBC16.jpeg
    213496CB-262C-487D-9B93-48F065BDBC16.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 201
Hi, new to this and interested in the 90 second bread you mention
Is the recipe somewhere on the forum?
Thanks for the inspiration

Yesterday
... I decided on Faturday a day early so had Nandos for dinner - I try to stick to the least carby options but I really fancied a burger, so I had a sunset burger but only ate half the bun. Had macho peas and roasted veg with it so not the best for carbs, but much better then chips or rice. Thoroughly enjoyed it though!

Today
No breakfast, just tea.

Brunch - 90 second microwave bread, toasted, with bacon and chilli sauce.

Reactions: zauberflote

Kingmidas

Hi, new to this and interested in the 90 second bread you mention
Is the recipe somewhere on the forum?
Thanks for the inspiration
Hello there - here's the recipe I used, but there are quite a few varieties. It's not very nice unless toasted (in my opinion) and it's quite soft and cakey but a totally acceptable substitute for bread. And quick, obviously! https://jenniferbanz.com/90-second-microwave-bread

Kingmidas

As expected, I ate far too much this evening! We visited our favourite American smokehouse / grill. Back on the wagon tomorrow.

Early Dinner: Reuben style burger with salt beef, sauerkraut, pickles, Swiss cheese. I ate some of the bun and a few fries, but tried to be restrained. Mr B had an enormous burger with everything but the kitchen sink (but not carby!) on it, no bun, extra salad and literally 3 or 4 fries.

In other news, I made this as a vessel for my new LC lemon curd. Not too bad for LC bread....not eggy at all!

I'll report back on how it toasts. This was the recipe: https://sugarfreelondoner.com/low-carb-bread-chia-almond-bread/
That does look nice. I have this recipe saved so glad to see someone has made it!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Looks really good wonder if would work with full fat soft cheese as no quark may be worth a try or the Greek yoghurt idea.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That does look nice. I have this recipe saved so glad to see someone has made it!
I'm looking forward to trying it tomorrow. I added a couple of tablespoons of shelled hemp seeds to mine, instead of sunflower seeds. I tried a tiny slice and couldn't detect any coconut flavour. I don't mind coconut in sweet LC baking or Asian style recipes, but i always think it tastes weird in other savoury stuff. I'm hoping this will taste good slathered in butter and marmite, as well as (but not at the same time!) lemon curd!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up of egg, bacon and mushrooms followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: cookies & cream phd bar and black coffee.
Dinner: dinner at Hungry Horse (had stitches out of my foot today so a bit more freedom now, especially as it’s my left foot and I drive an automatic! :) Still have surgical boot and crutches til April though :() Chicken skewers with coleslaw and side salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola when we got home.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks really good wonder if would work with full fat soft cheese as no quark may be worth a try or the Greek yoghurt idea.
I reckon it would work with Greek yoghurt fine. I just think you get a slightly lighter result with the quark.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up of egg, bacon and mushrooms followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: cookies & cream phd bar and black coffee.
Dinner: dinner at Hungry Horse (had stitches out of my foot today so a bit more freedom now, especially as it’s my left foot and I drive an automatic! :) Still have surgical boot and crutches til April though :() Chicken skewers with coleslaw and side salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola when we got home.

Good to see you out and about @Rachox

Reactions: maglil55

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
hi all
packing all day, but managed Xbx level 16
breakfast tea, eggs, spinach , mushrooms and a hash brown, tea, of course.
lunch: remnants from the fridge. tuna and butter bean salad, coleslaw, cucumber and radish. tea
snack brazil nuts 45g finished the packet.
pre dinner snack green olives
Dinner beef casserole, two small pieces of potato, swede, and red cabbage. Berries and cream. Glass of chardonnay.
second chardonnay.
Still several hundred calories short, but only 80g carbs, so may have one or two crackers (6g each) with lot of cheese in a bit.
Several hours packing later...
Wasn't hungry. Dont think eating should be just for calories, so had a cup of tea and went to bed.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kingmidas your cherry almond cakes look really good.
I’ve been watching Child genius too @maglil55 - wow!
@Chook sounds like a lovely anniversary break, apart from dog’s nocturnal habits.
@BibaBee did I miss a recipe for lc lemon curd? I used to make it quite ofren in the olden days.
So glad you’re not housebound any more @Rachox
Looking forward to getting the Sunday Mirror tomorrow @shelley262 and telling everyone I meet ‘I know her, she’s fantastic!’

Back to my meals
B: coffee&cream
Went to gym this morning for another session with daughter’s friend the personal trainer. She took pity on me as I still sound really rough with the cold ( although feeling better than I have all week) so wasn’t as bad as it could have been.
L: Tin of mackerel with salad, olive oil& acv, pumpkin seeds and avocado followed by 1/2 PhD bar @maglil55 ! Figured if I cut it first and put 1/2 back in the cupboard before I started I might be safe. Didn’t occur to me before not to eat the lot.
D: Slow roast (5hr) breast of lamb with green beans cabbage and broc.
Sf jelly&cream.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought today would not go well when it started with me tipping the scales at 11St .11 for a BMI of 22.4 but despite that it was ok. Besides tea and cocoa had 2 meals. Lunch was 3 hard boiled eggs, tin of mackerel in olive oil, ACV and a chicken thigh. Later had 1 small Taste the difference 85% chocolate bar. Dinner was 2 homemade beef and pork burgers, salad and mayo. I did eat a small piece of a hot cross bun I was buttering for Julie - it was very nice. The penalty save at the end of the football helped make the day better @Goonergal - Man U and Chelsea must have enjoyed that result most.