Type 1 diabetes for dummies

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I notice on Amazon that this is being released 7 may.If anyone buys it would you like to give us a review on the book?

LadyJ

I haven't read/bought this book.

However, all the "for dummies" books tend to be heavily americanised, which may not suit everyone here in the UK, particularly given differences in medications/insulins and the american prediliction towards pumps...

TROUBR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have it - it only was released last month in the end and it is americanised - all the BGs not in mmol so I have a post-it in the front to help with translating. I haven't read it all yet however as a newbie I am finding it easier going than the one I got from the library the one by Rangar Hanas - I think I will move up to that one! They all seem to centre on parents dealing with diagnosis in a child (obviously the most usual)- I haven't found a book yet that is for adults alone.

It does cover quite a lot - have a look at the "search inside" on amazon to see all that it deals with.

Louise

LadyJ

Louise

The best book I have read is "Think Like a Pancreas" by Gary Schneider.

It centres around how best to use insulin to treat your diabetes, but also has some excellent explanations in it of all the physiological aspects of diabetes.

Cheers