What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and fellow travelers through space and time also those pesky little blighters that slip through spacetime.

Well folks a surprising 7.1 for me's this morning after a indulgent Sunday afternoon eating cake and biscuits. Yes I admit it and I couldn't give a monkeys, I would like to say the cake was nice, but can't. Back on my version of lclf ( low carb and low fat ) now.
What have you all planned for today?
Me's have a little catching up to do, some of me's have been AWOL and now have interesting little bands on their ankles or so it seems.
Enjoy today folks.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all a fair few sniffles etc brewing on here by the sound of it - mind you I feel we’ve had four seasons all in one week and after a winter revisit this weekend hoping spring will be back. Take care all
5.0 this morning and about to go off for a quick gym visit before settle down to lots of computer work - means I’ll be sat around the bulk of today. Have a good day all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...woke at 4am...fortunately managed to get back to sleep...up (again) five minutes ago I needed that sleep...quietly sipping my coffee before starting a cold wet Monday...woke to a 5.6 (back to my pre- bedtime snack routine).

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, not been here for a while as been so so busy. Bloods this morning were 9.9 which has been the highest it’s been in days. I was ill yesterday and my bloods showed for it... jumping between 5 and 16 :yuck:.

The basal/bolus regime is going well for me and I’m mainly in single figures. It’s also been Greta to eat some carbs!! :hungry:

Last week I got my exam results for my LPC course. These 6 exams were 3 weeks after my diagnosis and the university wouldn’t give me any extra help as I hadn’t been diagnosed for 6 weeks... craziness. Anyways I ended up getting distinctions in all of them! I was amazed as my bloods were always 15 at this point. One step closer to becoming a solicitor - just 4 more exams in June and then I’m done!

Hope you’re all well!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.9 today

feeling a bit creaky this morning for some reason but hopefully will improve after I've had coffee ;) (I nearly always improve after coffee :hilarious: )

Had a nice walk in the sun with the little dog yesterday so I'll have a quiet day today perhaps, chicken veg. soup for lunch is already made and I have a couple of clothing alterations to do whilst listening to an audio book :)

Hope your Monday treats you kindly :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, not been here for a while as been so so busy. Bloods this morning were 9.9 which has been the highest it’s been in days. I was ill yesterday and my bloods showed for it... jumping between 5 and 16 :yuck:.

The basal/bolus regime is going well for me and I’m mainly in single figures. It’s also been Greta to eat some carbs!! :hungry:

Last week I got my exam results for my LPC course. These 6 exams were 3 weeks after my diagnosis and the university wouldn’t give me any extra help as I hadn’t been diagnosed for 6 weeks... craziness. Anyways I ended up getting distinctions in all of them! I was amazed as my bloods were always 15 at this point. One step closer to becoming a solicitor - just 4 more exams in June and then I’m done!

Hope you’re all well!
Oh my! Things needs to change at university!!! You dont need a fight when you've just been diagnosed. Their procedures need updating and fast!

Great news on your results. You must be so proud if yourself. Coming up trumps in the face of adversity.

Good luck with your remaining exams.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@Goonergal -- Please take care. Hope you can still beat this cold. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@karen8967 -- Glad your interview went well. Hope it will lead to a second job offer.
@SB.25 -- Congrats on your brilliant exams. Also well done on your improved blood sugar levels.

My cold is definitely getting better now -- but blood sugars still a bit wonkier that I like. First time back in the fours today.

Fasting blood sugars yesterday were 5.3 and 4.8 this morning.

Have a great day, everyone.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today.

Waiting in for a bathroom delivery. No set time. Just getting a phone call 1 hour before. So catching up with some jobs. Paperwork being one of them, housework another. Washing is already out on the line and being thrown around like confetti!!! It looks bright and sunny but still very chilly.

I would like to talk blood pressure for a minute. Before dx I was borderline for meds. Readings of around 140 over 90. I dont know too much about BP but I do know that top line between 100 and 120 and bottom between 60 and 80 is good. Since my weight loss I have excellent BP readings. For example this morning 106 over 61. I dont exercise. Most I do os a nice walk. So this is a result of weight loss only. Significant weight loss I admit. Started at 14 stone 7lbs (height 5 ft 9.5) and now 10 stone 10 lbs. Working on hubby's now which is elevated. He has himself lost 19lbs on low carb. About another 14 to go. Hoping his BP follows the pattern of mine as his bottom line high. Anyone with any helpful hints, much appreciated.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.8 for me today. My darling husband as of today is eating exactly as I eat - I think my weight loss and his weight gain has given him a complex so he wants to shed a stone to get back to his normal weight. Im a pillar of support for him ........ but give him till Wednesday before he decides the Low carb isn’t for him ;)