What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh boy, we have just had such a hoot at dinner.

This morning, we drove up to Kanchanaburi, so that we can do some historic, sight seeing stuff over the next few days. Driving throughout Bangkok, whilst low on fuel wasn't a highlight I had planned on, but so be it.

Anyway, anyway, we ate in our hotel this evening and typically the staff were all lovely and very, very keen to please. So much so that in addition to our own meals, we were offered 3 more, 2 mojitos and a glass of crisp white wine. It almost got to the stage we felt like quality control on the presentation of stuff.

Both our meals were delicious, but not entirely what we were expecting. Mine was largely as I thought it would be, but with the additions of a fried egg, and a portion of rice. MrBs was as he expected, but the broth element of his had a strong undercurrent of cloves. It wasn't at all unpleasant, just unexpected.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm I’ve added you to my CMT circle too.

Just lunch for me today so posting early before I set off for yoga later. Feeling a whole lot better now cold is finally clearing off.

Chilli with olives in place of kidney beans ( thanks for the suggestion @shelley262) and a dollop of sour cream as it was a lot hotter than I expected. Couldn’t be bothered making cauli rice so ate it with wilted spinach and some leftover green beans.
Sf jelly, cream and a couple of 100% choc buttons grated on top.

@Chook great work with your fast again.
@DCUKMod you sound like you’re having a cracking time. Must be an adventure every mealtime if you’re not quite sure what you’re ordering.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@maglil55 so excited with No2!!!!
@DCUKMod culinary adventures fun! You are braver than I...
Report on Toasting Hemp Hearts: if you’re going to use your toaster oven, preheat it. If you use a skillet, watch like hawk... they are delicious lightly toasted, I am happy to report.
IMG_7700.jpg
IMG_7701.jpg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Ok @dunelm I found you onCMT and added you to my recipe circle
emoji4.png

Wow @maglil55 what an accomplishment!! Thank you!
@DJC3 ugh the coughing miserables- so sorry. May it depart quickly.
@Goonergal sounds like you’re going to have fun next month, I envy you the decorating but not the hassle surrounding it!
Hugs @BibaBee maybe a good night’s sleep will help!
@SlimLizzy whatever the washer and dryer did does not sound good at all. Why now, right?
Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg, decaf/soy/cream
Lunch brought picnic to mom’s. She had crackers, cheese, a mandarin. I had celery, cherry toms, lc tortilla with almond butter and hemp hearts, and cheese. Was very full and intended to keep supper small but there was that cheese again so too much cheese and some hemp hearts in... Sour Cream! Yum!
Ready for bed but my leg is cramping up bc I stood all day and didn’t get a walk in. Everything I’m trying is just making it cramp up, so I have to go out in the chilly rain and take a little walk. Grrrr.
Night all, morning all!
@zauberflote we are moving house, they were disconnected to go. Water in the pipes and holding tank got spilled. Far
Day two of buffet grazing - this time at a Christening - similar to an engagement party but small children charging about and balloons.
Breakfast; late up due to being at an engagement party last night and in charge of wine tasting; half a 90 sec microwave bread thing with cheese and blasted under the grill.
Lunch; the amazingly predictable and carb ridden after the christening buffet; salad, cheese, the inside scrapings of a quiche of some description. Not a morsel of chicken or anything that resembled something that had been alive in sight - oh well.
Dinner; bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes and the other half of that 90 sec microwave bread thing. Hooray!
@dunelm Buffet grazing for me too, today, but a less cheerful occasion ( funeral) and worse food choices. Sandwiches, thick sliced granary bread with minimal filling, tuna, ham or cheese. Scotch egg bites, sausage rolls, pork pie, cheese and pineapple on sticks, breaded chicken mini fillets. The last two were on small platters and insufficient to go round. Also on offer beautifully frosted cupcakes in a variety of flavours.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@zauberflote we are moving house, they were disconnected to go. Water in the pipes and holding tank got spilled. Far

@dunelm Buffet grazing for me too, today, but a less cheerful occasion ( funeral) and worse food choices. Sandwiches, thick sliced granary bread with minimal filling, tuna, ham or cheese. Scotch egg bites, sausage rolls, pork pie, cheese and pineapple on sticks, breaded chicken mini fillets. The last two were on small platters and insufficient to go round. Also on offer beautifully frosted cupcakes in a variety of flavours.
Two funerals this week for me - two more goes at buffet grazing

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope everyone had the inner resources to rise above whatever challenges the day threw at them or, better yet, breezed through on a cloud of joy. Me? I drank lots of tea and 1 mug of cocoa.
18.00 hrs large salad with tin of mackerel in EVO and avocado. Sprinkles? were chia seeds and 10 gms of crispy fried onions (yes I did weigh them)

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, well I got back on the keto wagon today after 2 weeks of being ill, and although when I first woke i felt hungry, once I had a cuppa I was ok. Before I knew it i had gone til 5pm without eating, so a good 21hr fast.
Dinner was chicken breast wrapped in bacon topped with mozzarella cheese, broccoli, cauli and green beans.
Sugar free jelly, OPPO ice cream (small spoonful) and cream on top. Heavenly!!
I'll be back on board in no time....

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

@dunelm I’ve also added you to my circle on CMT.

@zauberflote sorry about the cramps.

@DJC3 think I’m getting your cold. Very sore throat all day today.

@Chook well done on the fast. Am now joining you - ate dinner tonight and aim to go through to dinner on Wednesday.

Lunch today ended a 24 hour fast from lunch yesterday. 2 fried eggs and 3 rashers bacon from the cafe near work.

Dinner - out with a former colleague/friend from the US. Went to a Greek place in Shoreditch that I used to frequent when I worked in the area (pre diagnosis). Waiter was very helpful trying to help with substitutes. Ended up with large pile of lamb (delicious) and very large portion of tzaziki (equally delicious). Even better BG dropped from 4.5 to 4, meaning I felt very relaxed about stopping by Hotel Chocolat to pick up a mini hazelnut praline buche for a last hurrah before the fast.

Tomorrow night’s distraction activity will be a return visit to Ikea.....

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@zauberflote Hope the leg cramps don't continue to trouble you. You were right about a good night's sleep. I'm not 100%, but don't feel quite as bad as I did yesterday. Still decided to give yoga a miss, but we did go out for a brisk walk after dinner.
@DJC3 glad you're starting to feel the cold is lifting.
@Goonergal You had me at hazelnut praline bûche!
@AngiH Sorry to hear you've been poorly....you've mad a good start getting back on the wagon today!

Today's menu was as follows:
Breakfast: Almond Chia pudding with berry chia jam. Coffee and cream
Lunch: For me, Nothing. Not particularly hungry and felt the need to reset my stomach after feeling a bit off yesterday. Mr B had various bits of cheese, roast beef, salad, followed by a square of the Green & Blacks Velvet Mint.
Dinner: Cheeky babybel whilst cooking. Bolognese with courgetti and tons of Parmesan. Greek yoghurt with lemon curd. Square of 85% choc. Decaf coffee with cream.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Mexican style pulled chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry PhD bar and black coffee.
Dinner: keralan chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
XBX 16
Breakfast: no grain granola, and nutty granola, with milk, honey and strawberries. Bit overboard on the carbs there at 38g.
lunch: funeral buffet hell,
2 sandwich fingers, 2 scotch egg bites, one breaded mini chicken fillet, 2 bits of cheese and pineapple, half a cupcake, large glass of white wine.
dinner: am calling it an omelette, when mother asks, but really was chunks of cheese, then scrambled eggs with salad, then some prawns. Followed by yoghurt and berries with honey, again! Followed by large glass of wine.
Wonder what my mother will make of that? She is on at me almost every day to eat more.
Am unable to work out the carb/calorie content for the day.
Doctors appointment pm tomorrow. Going to ask about weight loss. Never mind the nasty, painful shoulder - am sure it will recover in a few days without packing or cleaning.
Should also add, two weeks with nobody else to cook for, will I be experimenting with new foods? or crashing out with eggs and cheese again?

edited for update:
23.15pm Maybe its comfort eating - just downed an entire packet of Baileys mini chocolate delights. (unearthed during cupboard clearing) better go skipping again. At least there is room to do that now that the boxes have gone with Mr Slim to Normandy. . There is almost no chocolate left in the house now.

Last edited:

Kingmidas

More pudding activity today after dinner - espresso chocolate cheesecake. Chocolate almond crust and coffee topping. Had with 4 chopped up strawberries and cream. Very good! Recipe here:-

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/keto-espresso-chocolate-cheesecake-bars-low-carb/

Rest of the day
Breakfast - 90 second microwave bread, toasted, with sweet freedom choc spread. Tea.

Lunch - bacon, eggs and mushrooms.

Dinner - bolognese without pasta but with triangles of lo dough garlic bread and dessert as above
20190304_203124.jpg

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any recommendations for a LC pancake recipe for tomorrow? We've had pancakes every Shrove Tuesday for the last 20 years....not about to change that evening if they need to be low carb! Great use for the lemon curd, not that there is much left! :oops: