What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning all, not been here for a while as been so so busy. Bloods this morning were 9.9 which has been the highest it’s been in days. I was ill yesterday and my bloods showed for it... jumping between 5 and 16 :yuck:.

The basal/bolus regime is going well for me and I’m mainly in single figures. It’s also been Greta to eat some carbs!! :hungry:

Last week I got my exam results for my LPC course. These 6 exams were 3 weeks after my diagnosis and the university wouldn’t give me any extra help as I hadn’t been diagnosed for 6 weeks... craziness. Anyways I ended up getting distinctions in all of them! I was amazed as my bloods were always 15 at this point. One step closer to becoming a solicitor - just 4 more exams in June and then I’m done!

Hope you’re all well!
Well done on both accounts

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 this morning as I leave Bath. Had some lovely food and enjoyed being there with my friend and meeting up with son. He now tells me he might be home next weekend! As a student he has eaten too well in the last two days lol.
Have a great day everyone. Stay well, get better and stay safe.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

chilly windy night but not looking too bad here so far this morning. Mid morning appt. with the DN so should get my latest HbA1c results and then mr. gee and I intend to have lunch out and perhaps a bit of a walk, weather permitting ;)

2 years and 9 months since diagnosis - how time flies :)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.7 this morning, veru sore throat, so that may explain things. Very excited because my second great-niece was born yesterday afternoon. Big girl, 8 pounds 6!

Sunny day here, off to the docs for my blood tests.

P
Hugs for feeling unwell but congratulations on the new arrival :)

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
8.7 this morning, veru sore throat, so that may explain things. Very excited because my second great-niece was born yesterday afternoon. Big girl, 8 pounds 6!

Sunny day here, off to the docs for my blood tests.

P
congratulations!

Interestingly enough I was also a very big baby @ 10lbs 2! (And I was 2 weeks early). The doctors think there could be a link between me being a big baby and now both my mum and myself being diabetic....

A 9.7 for me this morning. I’m sure the walk to work will get me down :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and the 3 toed more spotted Warbler, shhh keep it's whereabouts quiet from the twichers.
Well this morning a young 6.3 greeted me.
Today folks seize it by the throat and wring as much pleasure out of as you can.
If not dress up as a grumpy old git and go find some teenagers to shout at. Wonderful value teenagers, in a few years they could be paying our pensions.
Must go me's have got the dentist to annoy, raw garlic for breakfast hehehehe.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
congratulations!

Interestingly enough I was also a very big baby @ 10lbs 2! (And I was 2 weeks early). The doctors think there could be a link between me being a big baby and now both my mum and myself being diabetic....

A 9.7 for me this morning. I’m sure the walk to work will get me down :)

I was about 8 pounds if I remember what my mother told me.

Good to see your numbers coming down :)

P

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"...and here at the epi centre of the cold snap...I've just arrived on station..fingers a little numb with the cold...
Temps in the high 5's (5.75.FBG)..."

Or at least that's how it felt after those warm sunny days of recent weeks.

Congrats on the new arrivals.
Jealous of those having a leisurely day,
And a hug for those struggling with pesky colds & sore throats...

Stay safe people, it's a "crazy" world we live in ...

Beware.: killer food on the loose.

described by Police as "pernicious"
Yet defended by some of the Annointed as "misunderstood"..

Issues seem to be, it doesn't take rejection very well
very popular in its childhood and teenage years, but gone off the rails lately, with its aggressive nature, and morbid indifference to the damage left in its wake. .

some say it's "benign", and some even call it "Healthy" ( misguided fools.)..

So keep em peeled.
Sneaky blighters sneaking into our food chain in large numbers recently.

all have a good day, and as always.
May the numbers be forever in your favour.