New celeriac recipe!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I suddenly craved a celeriac salad with chorizo and sharp blue cheese, so I made it. I don't think it existed until I thought of it, but I might be wrong.
Anyway, it was just as good as I imagined it to be, so here you go:

Grate celeriac
add sliced chorizo
add sharp blue cheese
add mayonnaise, salt and black pepper
Eat.

Reactions: KK123 and annie07

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Any left? :) Apart from the mayo I'm all over that.

Reactions: Antje77

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Apart from the chorizo - sort of remoulade with cheese - sounds great. I was out to lunch at the home of a friend who is an excellent cook yesterday and one of the low carb, meat-free dishes she had made were latkes made with celeriac instead of potato - absolutely delectable!

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its obviously a “ have fun with celeriac” day today - I made up a celeriac, leek & swede soup that was new to me at least - passed the taste test nicely
Sweat
250g each of peeled swede & celeriac
100g chopped leek
50g chopped onion
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 chopped stalks of celery
In
2tsp avocado oil
Add 1-2 tsp soy sauce
Water to cover
Cook until veg is soft
Blitz in a food processor adding more liquid as needed to get a thick but not claggy soup
Serve with a drizzle of soya cream ( or dairy cream if not dairy intolerant) and ground black pepper. I reckon Ill get 3 4 servings from that

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @Antje77 ,

I'm a massive fan of the Greek style.
Though I love blue cheese.

Give your salad a name. Call it Blue Sunday! :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Its obviously a “ have fun with celeriac” day today - I made up a celeriac, leek & swede soup that was new to me at least - passed the taste test nicely
Sweat
250g each of peeled swede & celeriac
100g chopped leek
50g chopped onion
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 chopped stalks of celery
In
2tsp avocado oil
Add 1-2 tsp soy sauce
Water to cover
Cook until veg is soft
Blitz in a food processor adding more liquid as needed to get a thick but not claggy soup
Serve with a drizzle of soya cream ( or dairy cream if not dairy intolerant) and ground black pepper. I reckon Ill get 3 4 servings from that

I love the sound of this recipe, too. I'm tinkering with the idea of using your soup with the addition of a few crispy lardons for the starter on Christmas day. :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Any left? :) Apart from the mayo I'm all over that.
Sure. It's (almost) freezing in my kitchen, so when I go there to make food I make a lot! I expect it will taste good with oil and vinegar as well, or maybe sour cream or such. Can't imaginine not liking mayonnaise, though.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @Antje77 ,

I'm a massive fan of the Greek style.
Though I love blue cheese.

Give your salad a name. Call it Blue Sunday! :)
Errm, like @xfieldok I tend to google words or frases I don't know, and just like the laktes did to him, googling 'greek style' opened a whole new world to me. I'm afraid the forum rules prevent me from copy-pasting what I learned, but how do 2 males and one female putting body parts in other body parts at the same time in any way relate to my celeriac??? And anyway, it's too cold in my kitchen for any recipe's that involve undressing.

Reactions: DJC3 and xfieldok

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Errm, like @xfieldok I tend to google words or frases I don't know, and just like the laktes did to him, googling 'greek style' opened a whole new world to me. I'm afraid the forum rules prevent me from copy-pasting what I learned, but how do 2 males and one female putting body parts in other body parts at the same time in any way relate to my celeriac??? And anyway, it's too cold in my kitchen for any recipe's that involve undressing.

OK?? That's a new euphonism on me..

I was thinking more along the lines tomato, olives, cucumber, feta cheese drizzled in olive oil.. Or a variant there of incorporating feta cheese?

A Greek salad..

But cheers for clearing that up. I won't walk into it again.. :stop:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was thinking more along the lines tomato, olives, cucumber, feta cheese drizzled in olive oil.. Or a variant there of incorporating feta cheese?
I definitely would prefer that over the other things I found!

Reactions: xfieldok

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I definitely would prefer that over the other things I found!

Oddly, I just did a test Google & found a page full of spreadable cheeses & yoghurt... There was one "urban dictionary" reference.
So my apologies..

Let's get back to food, before I have to take 3 steps back & moderate myself.. :banghead:;)

rachaelc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just got some celeriac chips cooking in the oven, sprinkled with tarragon. Yum Omelette to go with it.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I love Celeriac. I love it as with Shephard's pie, Roasted like potatoes, and chipped. I have cut it in half and boiled it and filled it like a jacket potato. I would love to be able to eat a Jacket potato, but this deffo helps.

Reactions: Jenniewren1958