What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An interesting 6 at 0730 this morning.
I say interesting as we were out to dinner last night with the grandchildren at their favourite Italian restaurant and what I imagined when I ordered is not what the chef imagined when it was plated up.
It’s all dreary once again in the dark and dangerous north - happy with that.
Last day today of four days of buffet grazing. Driving down to Rotherham to bid farewell to my aunt.
Have a great day if you can - put together a menu for a nice low carb yet interesting buffet if you can’t.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

DN was pleased with my 6 monthly test results yesterday :angelic: so was I :D

HbA1c 28
total cholesterol 4.3
Triglycerides 0.5
HDL 1.3
LDL 2.8
Ratio 3 (whatever that is, must look it up but she was pleased so ... )
Liver and kidney function 'normal'
Happy with my BMI and weight ;)

I was not so pleased that she wouldn't give me a print out as I have been able to get one so far, she just said 'we don't do that now' :( so I had to write them on a scrap of paper. I forgot to ask for my BP reading but she didn't make any comment so I take it that my BP was ok.

We also had a short discussion of LC eating and she says that it is getting more popular and actually asked me some very practical questions about my LCHF diet, about being able to sustain the diet long term, (I've been doing it for two and a half years now) and what areas I had found most difficult to start with. She genuinely seemed interested in it as a 'real life' WoE, which I found promising :)

Felt positively :angelic: :angelic: for a little while :hilarious:

Hope your day treats you well :)

KeithT 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
I was taken off Gliclazide two weeks ago and one of my Metformin reduced. In the past 18 months of a self planned low carb diet I have gone down from 13.1 stone to 10 stone 12 lbs. With the Gliclazide my fasting BGs were from 4.7 - 5.9. The last few days they have hovered around the sixes. This morning at 7:45 they were 6.1.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

DN was pleased with my 6 monthly test results yesterday :angelic: so was I :D

HbA1c 28
total cholesterol 4.3
Triglycerides 0.5
HDL 1.3
LDL 2.8
Ratio 3 (whatever that is, must look it up but she was pleased so ... )
Liver and kidney function 'normal'
Happy with my BMI and weight ;)

I was not so pleased that she wouldn't give me a print out as I have been able to get one so far, she just said 'we don't do that now' :( so I had to write them on a scrap of paper. I forgot to ask for my BP reading but she didn't make any comment so I take it that my BP was ok.

We also had a short discussion of LC eating and she says that it is getting more popular and actually asked me some very practical questions about my LCHF diet, about being able to sustain the diet long term, (I've been doing it for two and a half years now) and what areas I had found most difficult to start with. She genuinely seemed interested in it as a 'real life' WoE, which I found promising :)

Felt positively :angelic: :angelic: for a little while :hilarious:

Hope your day treats you well :)
Awesome results young lady and testament to your hard work. Worth repeating my previous comments that you give me hope that there is a way of managing this condition that I understand. The glimpses you give of your version of this WOE always seem to be the nearest to"real life" to me. (Please tell me you don't put cream in tea and continually fast) I am in the process of trying to adapt the sponge recipe you kindly sent me into a hot cross bun flavour - raisins currently steeping in mixture of Metaxa and cinnamon.
Edited to be less strident.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Got a full 8 hours of sleep tonight, what a difference this makes. Fasting blood sugars were 4.3.

@AngiH -- Happy 49th birthday. Hope you have a ball today. Enjoy.
@geefull -- Fabulous results on all your tests. You are an inspiration.
@Goonergal -- So sorry about your cold. What a bummer. Hope you feel better soon.
@johnpol -- Hugs for the many hypos last week. Hope this week will be lot better for you.
@SuperPB -- Welcome to the thread. I use a Contour Next meter, which tends to reasonably accurate. Compared the results to fasting lab results twice and it was spot on. Testing strips tend to be a bit on the pricy side. Many recommend the Tee2 meter, which also appears to be very good, but testing strips are a lot more reasonably priced. Unfortunately, they don't sell the Tee2 in Germany.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are sharing birfday's today, it's Mrs J's birfday also. I played " happy birthday " to her this morning and then again to everybody that is having a birfday. Mrs J never woke up!

A young 6.2 greeted me this morning.

Well folks have you remembered it's national bin day and got your bins out.
My day is all planned out, no room for manoeuvre under the thumb here.
Have a great day folks. My task is to make sure Mrs J does.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Thanks for the good wishes @ziggy_w and @philchap1 and anyone I’ve missed. Bit of a rough night with throat and sniffle. FBG was 3.4 (about 35 hours into a fast) with matching ketones.

@Providence 62 congratulations on the new arrival.

@johnpol sorry about the hypos and glad you’re getting back on an even keel.

Another Fleetwood Mac fan here - love that album.

Happy hump day everyone.

You are having a bit of a rough time of it lately @Goonergal hope the next few days see you back to full health. Roll on summer!!! Happy hump day to you too.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@AngiH happy birthday. Glad you are better.
@Cumberland take care. Any news on the puppy front?
@KeithT 2 welcome and well done on reducing the meds and good that LC is working for you.

Hello @PenguinMum

We picked up puppy Wispa on Monday and she’s a little gem

The breeder had 3 pups and she named them after chocolate

Galaxy, Minstrel, and Wispa

We kinda liked Wispa so decided to call her that permanently

IMG_1551866435.113497.jpg

IMG_1551866466.842074.jpg
IMG_1551866509.186493.jpg

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @PenguinMum

We picked up puppy Wispa on Monday and she’s a little gem

The breeder had 3 pups and she named them after chocolate

Galaxy, Minstrel, and Wispa

We kinda liked Wispa so decided to call her that permanently

View attachment 31678

View attachment 31679View attachment 31680
What a little sweetie. I grew up with having a Dachshund although he was a standard long hair, my Aunt bred and showed them for years and years.... I've 3 dogs but my real love is my naked girl Neffy the Sphynx Cat.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from a wet and dreary North east, the scores on the doors today is...............4.9, I was actually hoping for a six so I don't have to have some carbs for breakfast, only so I can drive to work. Ah well the old unpredictability train lumbers on.

Take care everyone.

The old Unpredictability Unlimited:

This is for you, @OrsonKartt :) --