What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.7 this morning. Pretty happy about that, but would rather it was a bit lower. My cardiomyopathy is tiring me out at the moment, otherwise I would be off for a brisk walk to get the numbers down a bit. Early bed for me tonight!

P

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cumberland she is so beautiful and looks so settled already. Agree Wispa is a great name, nice idea about the names. Thanks for putting up pics keep them coming! Hope you and your family and Wispa have an amazing life together.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @PenguinMum

We picked up puppy Wispa on Monday and she’s a little gem

The breeder had 3 pups and she named them after chocolate

Galaxy, Minstrel, and Wispa

We kinda liked Wispa so decided to call her that permanently

I love those names, for chocolate and for puppies. Much more appropriate than Marathon, Mars, and Peanut Butter Cup. (Altho' I guess the breeder could have called them the 3 Musketeers. And I once knew a pony whose barn name was Snickers. :) )

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on your results, @geefull ! Do they have a website where they post results that you can log on to see yours? That's what my doctor's office does (reportedly; I haven't actually looked for my file, I've only registered for access so far).
I’ve just registered to this wonderful system only to find I’m able to book routine appointments online and see my allergies but my surgery don’t post results on there. Apparently it’s at the surgery’s discretion which services they offer. So frustrating!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just registered to this wonderful system only to find I’m able to book routine appointments online and see my allergies but my surgery don’t post results on there. Apparently it’s at the surgery’s discretion which services they offer. So frustrating!
I had an interesting exchange of emails with my surgery over the same issue. We came to an agreement that they would do the right thing. Maybe a few polite but firm emails or letters would be in order?

Reactions: Cumberland

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, all the 5's today 5.5. Wet and miserable here, but on the plus side hubby has been rained off so I won't spend my birthday on my own last year before the big 50!
FB_IMG_1546206774196.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

DN was pleased with my 6 monthly test results yesterday :angelic: so was I :D

HbA1c 28
total cholesterol 4.3
Triglycerides 0.5
HDL 1.3
LDL 2.8
Ratio 3 (whatever that is, must look it up but she was pleased so ... )
Liver and kidney function 'normal'
Happy with my BMI and weight ;)

I was not so pleased that she wouldn't give me a print out as I have been able to get one so far, she just said 'we don't do that now' :( so I had to write them on a scrap of paper. I forgot to ask for my BP reading but she didn't make any comment so I take it that my BP was ok.

We also had a short discussion of LC eating and she says that it is getting more popular and actually asked me some very practical questions about my LCHF diet, about being able to sustain the diet long term, (I've been doing it for two and a half years now) and what areas I had found most difficult to start with. She genuinely seemed interested in it as a 'real life' WoE, which I found promising :)

Felt positively :angelic: :angelic: for a little while :hilarious:

Hope your day treats you well :)

Stunning results @geefull and great that your nurse is taking an interest in LCHF. Results like yours speak for themselves.

Reactions: Cumberland

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only