My life ypsomed pump

steveo4

Today I'm getting a week's trial of the ypsomed my life insulin pump. Is anyone else using this and what are their views?

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Steve - how did the trial go? This pump is one of my options, but I'm not sure why I'd chose it over the Medtronic 640g. Did you like the Ypsomed?

Reactions: porl69

JudyLee

I love my Medtronic 640. I link to an Enlite sensor & have found that my serious hypos have reduced, since the pump stops the basal insulin before I go too low. It really has transformed my life AND has allowed my husband to get an uninterrupted night’s sleep, secure in the knowledge that the sensor/pump combination is protecting me.

steveo4

Steve - how did the trial go? This pump is one of my options, but I'm not sure why I'd chose it over the Medtronic 640g. Did you like the Ypsomed?
Once I was shown a demonstration of the pump I never took them up on the the trial. I thought it was not user friendly. You had to use an app on your phone all the time. There was no handset therefore no blood testing facility. A lot of people like it but it wasn't for me.

Reactions: megan