Needle stuck in skin, Ouch!

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
TLDR at the bottom

So I've been a diabetic for 9 years and today is the first time this has happened.

Bricks were excreted by me today, how can a tiny 4mm cause so much panic in a 23 year old? I injected as normal, waited 10 seconds and went to pull the pen and needle away from my stomach, felt a tug, looked down, oh ****, what do I do, was pulling harder and harder omg the pain was unreal, so I let go and stood there like an idiot running around the house thinking what do I do call into the doctors to remove it how would I drive like this :joyful:

I calmed down a bit after taking my fleece, t-shirt and lanyard off because they all decided it would be fun to annoy the life out of me further, all with one hand, other supporting the pen. I managed to twist the pen off from the needle and ended up like this below just sat there chilling. Decided to call it needle mc needleface and live with it for the rest of my life, I imagined it has somehow turned into a fishing hook and was stook inside but how I don't know.

I started panicking because after this picture I started bending it around and pulling it harder and it started bleeding and then I thought what if it snaps inside and then what *shudder*

Anyway while it felt sickening and while pulling my skin off it made a clipping noise and came out, and the strangest thing was, it was only slightly bent but still looked straight, I have NO idea what it was caught on.

kAwmbIr.jpg

TLDR; A 4mm got stuck in my stomach and for 30 minutes I looked like a madman trying to pull it out and my skin with it.

res1492

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would have stuck some googly eyes on it and took her out for a date....yes yes....im a bit lonely, so what!!!!

Last edited:

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
@Dixon1995
i would be really interested to know what brand of needles you are using.............the quality is not the same in all brands
i dont want to predjudice anything until you reply .....but i already have a candidate in mind

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Dixon1995
i would be really interested to know what brand of needles you are using.............the quality is not the same in all brands
i dont want to predjudice anything until you reply .....but i already have a candidate in mind

Thankyou for asking, I was on BD microfine needles and they were great. I have been moved onto Omnican Fine now.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
TLDR at the bottom

So I've been a diabetic for 9 years and today is the first time this has happened.

Bricks were excreted by me today, how can a tiny 4mm cause so much panic in a 23 year old? I injected as normal, waited 10 seconds and went to pull the pen and needle away from my stomach, felt a tug, looked down, oh ****, what do I do, was pulling harder and harder omg the pain was unreal, so I let go and stood there like an idiot running around the house thinking what do I do call into the doctors to remove it how would I drive like this :joyful:

I calmed down a bit after taking my fleece, t-shirt and lanyard off because they all decided it would be fun to annoy the life out of me further, all with one hand, other supporting the pen. I managed to twist the pen off from the needle and ended up like this below just sat there chilling. Decided to call it needle mc needleface and live with it for the rest of my life, I imagined it has somehow turned into a fishing hook and was stook inside but how I don't know.

I started panicking because after this picture I started bending it around and pulling it harder and it started bleeding and then I thought what if it snaps inside and then what *shudder*

Anyway while it felt sickening and while pulling my skin off it made a clipping noise and came out, and the strangest thing was, it was only slightly bent but still looked straight, I have NO idea what it was caught on.

kAwmbIr.jpg

TLDR; A 4mm got stuck in my stomach and for 30 minutes I looked like a madman trying to pull it out and my skin with it.

Ouch poor you, painful and scary. I wonder if the needles GP's change us over to, because of lower costs, could be the problem ? but sometimes, it's just one of those things.
Ps Phew, I haven't seen a man's tummy in a while o_O:happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dixon1995

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ouch poor you, painful and scary. I wonder if the needles GP's change us over to, because of lower costs, could be the problem ? but sometimes, it's just one of those things.
Ps Phew, I haven't seen a man's tummy in while o_O:happy:

I think I over reacted a little bit but I know needles can snap and I wouldn't want that stuck in my stomach forever! It might well be the new needles, if it happens again i'll say something. Haha :smug:

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Thankyou for asking, I was on BD microfine needles and they were great. I have been moved onto Omnican Fine now.
the omnican are inferior needles -- there have been many anecdotal reports in the #DOC ( diabetes online community ) of this happening i would take the picture into your GP .... complain and ask to be put back on BD

Reactions: gemma_T1

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
the omnican are inferior needles -- there have been many anecdotal reports in the #DOC ( diabetes online community ) of this happening i would take the picture into your GP .... complain and ask to be put back on BD

I think I might just do that, thankyou very much for your input.

Reactions: himtoo