What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs Always More Cinnamon is my motto! But no soused raisins for me thanks. Otherwise sounds delicious! I am not even going to ask how your wedding ring ended up on the trampoline... I have a nephew who lost two in two years, one out of his golf bag and one on a deck that we’d have to completely dismantle to find. Nobody wanted that job. Whoever this Jess person is sounds like a tv personality? Social influencer?
What did you do to make the dumplings rise? Mine are flat as a cookie, baked dry in oven. They are too high carb 5/each) for me to eat very often, but they were indeed very tasty, HTS tasty even.
My Hubby kind of lost his first one. It needed adjusted so he gave it to one of his friends who had been a jeweller as he said he'd do it. Before he got it back he died and he thought it was a bit much to go straight away to the widow and ask her to seek out his ring so he'd wait a bit. Then she died too. Ever felt cursed? He decided getting a new one was safer.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Bet the bacon and eggs tasted good @Chook the slow roast lamb sounds delicious.

@DJC3 the egg story made me laugh. I once came home from work to find one of the rings on the (gas) hob had been on all day. Luckily no damage done.

Having got up early enough to bake, cool and refrigerate a chocolate olive oil cake for a colleague’s birthday do tomorrow before leaving home for work at 6.30am, am now feeling a little tired.

Lunch today was Nando’s. 2 plain legs.

Dinner was pan fried Dover sole with lemon butter sauce followed by my new addiction - whipped creamy cheese, cream and cocoa mousse. With a blob of extra thick double cream on top.

Some chocolate almond squares are currently in the fridge firming up. Most of those will need to be frozen to keep them out of temptation’s way.

Kingmidas

Had what I thought was a cold - felt weak and shivery yesterday with a terrible sore throat - still have the sore throat and snotty nose but everything else is fine! I'll choose to ignore it. Bit of a jumbled day today as far as timing goes.

Breakfast - leftover coconut flour pancakes with some low sugar jam I bought. Tea.

No lunch as I was in the hairdresser having a mammoth cut and colour (which was LONNNNG) but I'd taken a low carb chocolate wafer with me so I had that with a cup of tea.

Mid afternoon - 3 rollitos, some celery, walnuts and mexicana cheese

Dinner - rib eye steak with avocado, mozzarella pearls and a tomato. SF jelly.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@shelley262 hope your mum will be ok!
That’s an un-top-able story @maglil55 !
@Chook I totally forgot to congratulate you on that fast. Wow.....
@Goonergal how is the freezer out of temptation? I can’t do that. Also, did you even go to bed last night????
@Kingmidas what does one do if one needs to relieve oneself during a long appointment like that? Inquiring minds....

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmm, Thursday - more of you later on Jess.
Don't know what happened today but some very desirable outcomes I really wouldn't have predicted. Tea and 2/3 of Julie's trial of a LC (almond milk, sugar free) Macchiato Latte when I sat her in Starbucks while I roamed Ely. At 14.35 I ate brisket pot roast with a shallot and some mushrooms. I had started that before 7.00 ( I used the IP slow cooker) and this is the first time I have enjoyed brisket - even when starving. Also had the cheesey dumplings @zauberflote put me on to - tweaked by cooking them separately in the oven - cooked in dripping and turned over. Well, next surprise was the attempt at LC not cross bun idea. Used the raisins soaked in Metaxa and cinnamon in @geefull's sponge recipe - worked well but I would add more cinnamon next time ( I never liked the peel idea and this WOE has enough bitter notes for symbolism) . Had double cream with that.
Picked up a resized ring that was my dad's to replace the wedding ring I completely lost in November (after Julie found it on the trampoline). Now Jess and Thursday. I so agree - I won't wear makeup on Thursday 'Cause who I am is enough.
Probably cocoa later - and tea, there must be tea.
That reminds me that I need to get a couple of those ring cosies and eventually get my engagement and wedding rings resized. They are perilously loose and spin around all the time. Glad to hear you enjoyed the brisket.....I think it can be delicious, as long as it's cooked until it literally falls apart.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another drive over to Doncaster, but not quite so early today. My stomach has been a bit off since last night, which I think was my own fault. I think I went a bit overboard on the portion size of my meal (OMAD) last night and had too much dairy. Anyway, I am feeling a bit better this evening.

Breakfast: Lemon and almond chia with blueberries, flaked almonds and lemon curd. Coffee and cream.
Mid morning: Almond milk cappuccino with dash of cream
Lunch: Some sliced leftover pesto stuffed chicken, babybel, 2 squares of Montezuma's Orange and Geranium choc.
Afternoon: Costa flat white.
Dinner: Frittata with pancetta, leeks, mushroom, Parmesan and mozzarella with salad leaves, cherry toms, cucumber and a few pickled onions. One leftover LC pancake with last bit of lemon curd and cream. Decaf coffee and cream.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That reminds me that I need to get a couple of those ring cosies and eventually get my engagement and wedding rings resized. They are perilously loose and spin around all the time. Glad to hear you enjoyed the brisket.....I think it can be delicious, as long as it's cooked until it literally falls apart.
The brisket shouldn't have surprised me really. First time I have chosen the piece and frozen half before cooking it myself. Maybe that becomes another dish left to me when Julie recovers. Finding pieces of brisket with that amount of fat is the problem. That piece was the last chance for brisket - originally destined to be h/m pastrami.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast: no exercises, or shower:stinkyfeet:
30g no grain granola, multigrain nutty granola 30g, semi skimmed milk 60ml, almonds 30g. tea
lunch: salad, smoked mackeral, homemade coleslaw, glass of water and an orange. Cup of tea
dinner: chicken with rice and veg, mushrooms, leeks, runner beans, peas and sweetcorn.
Added some fresh crunchy red pepper today and dash extra soy sauce.
Glass of chardonnay, two sips only until 2 hour bg taken. Glass of water instead.
Very happy with the results - only up half a point.
Baking experiment tonight, not a huge success:oops: but edible:wideyed:
still trying to work out how to post the pic

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Babybels with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry phd bar and black coffee.
Dinner: mushroom and mature cheddar omelette with leafy salad and two cherry tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Daughter is still in hospital. It’s pneumonia but she’s feeling better thank you.
Hope your daughter recovers soon.
Strangely my son has also been in hospital with pneumonia, came out on tuesday. Weak as the proverbial kitten.

Kingmidas

@shelley262 hope your mum will be ok!
That’s an un-top-able story @maglil55 !
@Chook I totally forgot to congratulate you on that fast. Wow.....
@Goonergal how is the freezer out of temptation? I can’t do that. Also, did you even go to bed last night????
@Kingmidas what does one do if one needs to relieve oneself during a long appointment like that? Inquiring minds....
It's a perfectly valid question luckily there are customer toilets! My fluid intake is pretty high and what goes in, must come out!

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The brisket shouldn't have surprised me really. First time I have chosen the piece and frozen half before cooking it myself. Maybe that becomes another dish left to me when Julie recovers. Finding pieces of brisket with that amount of fat is the problem. That piece was the last chance for brisket - originally destined to be h/m pastrami.
"Brisket's Last Reprieve" out now at a cinema near you! :joyful: I agree with you about the fat. I've never been happy with supermarket brisket...always something to buy from a good butcher.

D

Deleted member 308541

a few questions:-
1. Am i right in thinking I can eat as much bacon and egg as i want and it wont affect my BG?
2. Is it possible to die by overdose from bacon? (this one i need to know)
3. How much bacon is too much bacon?
01 - I go through three kgs of bacon, and four dozen eggs a fortnight.
02 - An overdose of bacon is preferable to poison.
03 - I have never had that problem.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve only been married just over 3 years - my wedding ring snapped and my engagement ring now falls off my finger so is safer left off and stored in a drawer. Guess come the summer I’ll have the bonus of no ring finger tan lines ;)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all - left my house at 8.15am and walked back in at 10.10pm - very long and crazy day but managed to end it with a swim so I’m happy.
B: sea salt & chocolate protein bar with coffee
Mid morning : 2 more coffees
L: chicken, chorizo, lettuce, rocket, cucumber, 3 cherry tomatoes and some coleslaw with 2 babybels
D: eating now - 3 babybels, 2 squares raspberry & hazelnut green & blacks chocolate and more coffee