What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 this morning so no crashing waves music yet!
@Karen hugs for rude awakening, thats low. Lovely photo of little Alex
@Goonergal well done on battling through the working week while feeling rough.
@Emma_369 @Debandez @HarrisonK great scores.
@ianpspurs good to see you still lurking. Hope Mrs P is getting better and sounds like you are doing a sterling job in the kitchen.
Sorry if I forgot anyone. Have a great Friday. Stay well, stay safe.
Thanks for the mensh @PenguinMum. Julie has an ongoing back problem and recently acquired knee issues which severely aggravated the back problem. Awaiting results of x-rays and details of the way forward. Cooking is no big issue I can cook reasonably well but I dislike housework with a passion - so fiddly and it never looks as neat and tidy as if Julie or my mum had done the job.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all a happy 5.4 this morning at 6:30 hardly slept but off to gym anyways in a few hours hopefully I Can sleep tonight

HARDCORE :wideyed:....Respect.
clap.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the mensh @PenguinMum. Julie has an ongoing back problem and recently acquired knee issues which severely aggravated the back problem. Awaiting results of x-rays and details of the way forward. Cooking is no big issue I can cook reasonably well but I dislike housework with a passion - so fiddly and it never looks as neat and tidy as if Julie or my mum had done the job.

‘There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.”

― Quentin Crisp

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

‘There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.”

― Quentin Crisp
Don't think my wife or family were copied in to that memo - perhaps they were dressed Civil Servants?

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.2 this morning. Coming down. Cutting back on my carbohydrates as much as I can.

Off to help my niece buy a new computer today. Always fun.

At last! It's Friday. I don't go out to work any more, but still feel happy on Fridays. Wonder why that is?

P

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
PODCAST.
here we have the first Podcast of today's action from the 'what was your FBG this morning (with some chat)

"Nice that @Cumberland wispa is fitting right in at home.beginning to think @Goonergal exists in another dimension, shouldn't be possible to work, fast, walk AND bake cakes at such an ungodly hour, sure in another age she might have been accused of witchcraftery. World book day (great idea btw) brought wizards, dinosaurs and unicorns, out on to the streets, not to mention one jack and the beanstalk little star. @ziggy_w went all Barrymore with top, middle or Bottom for here scores, and gets an honorary 'McGarrett' for the effort. (diy day, zig ;)) @johnEGreen is BACK in the game at 4.7.after almost passing out after his meters little practical joke. @DJC3 is coming back from a nasty cough, looks like the recovery is in full swing. @johnpol & @ianpspurs doing the smackdown on housework, proving that it ain't so hard. ( never knew what all the fuss was about anyways ;) ). @Bubbsie back in the 5's but still has to go to Mordor, hope she take the Bike ;). @OrsonKartt invents "Fridge Roulette"..Food innovator or nutter ? You decide.. @Debandez confusing me with the chuckle brothers. hi praise indeed :D. @karen8967 suffering this AM. but makes a recovery man utd would be proud of. STAR.. @alf_Josiah under a tight leash.(always think of suicide squads joker when i see his posts)...
and @ianpspurs patrolling the corridors of our own version of HOGWARTS, well it is where we make THE magic happen of turning dangerous substances into inert foods, we CAN handle..something the experts can't seem to quite understand.:bookworm:"

and for those who bothered even trying to read all that..;) Bless you.:)

A self service McGarrett for those hitting the magic of 5.0...click and collect NOW Available
HAWAII WAVES BACK AT 5.0's

But for the rest of us, a more Mellow moment ,,Courtesy of @ianpspurs....

Everybody hurts..by REM.

Me..?
a decent 5.8 twinned me with @Jodie Louise today.

Ya all have a good un, and hold tight, the weekend is nearly upon us..:***::D

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning All. 5.7 this morning so no crashing waves music yet!
@Karen hugs for rude awakening, thats low. Lovely photo of little Alex
@Goonergal well done on battling through the working week while feeling rough.
@Emma_369 @Debandez @HarrisonK great scores.
@ianpspurs good to see you still lurking. Hope Mrs P is getting better and sounds like you are doing a sterling job in the kitchen.
Sorry if I forgot anyone. Have a great Friday. Stay well, stay safe.
thanks penguin mum x

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is an amazing photo, im wondering if it's a drawing.

As far as I know it is a colorized print of a b&w photo by Ern McQuillan of the 1956 Hotham Handicap at Flemington, in Melbourne. The horses are Fighting Force, Ark Royal, and Pandie Sun.

5bebbcbf686cb3b35a3b08c078bacb53.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Julie sounds like me with the back and knee issues. I am sorry she is having these problems.

You sound like me about the housework. :D

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"..as they come to the last fence together,

its neck and neck,
It's @dunelm from @JohnEGreen, with @Debandez on the outside

head to head, they jump together....

and they are are all over the last fence safely,

as all three hit the final furlong..
it's @Debandez with @dunelm and @JohnEGreen ..

strung out in a line across the track

toe to toe....you could throw a blanket over these three

will nothing separate these thoroughbreds..

coming down to the Wire...

and as they approach the winning post, no one is giving an inch,...

IT'S a PHOTO.

it's just TOO close to call.......as they pass the line together .

And the judges has just Announced the result....it's a Triple dead heat folks..."

Cue the Music....

And as you were SO close @PenguinMum
keep this safe for next time :)

22326-grass-skirt.jpg

I have been otherwise engaged lately (a drunken wake - I shall stick to that excuse office) so only now have I seen this.
My first thoughts were, “does my grass skirt still fit?”
Thankfully the moths have eaten it so no need to worry.
In a fit of “oh look a quiz” - I filled in, a couple of weeks ago, one of those “do you qualify for one of our amazing new, all singing and dancing prickometers” adds that appear on this prestigious site from time to time, like sofa sales on the TV.
So, a box arrived in the post today containing a brand new, unused, Contour Next One meter, instruction Manuel (it’s in English as well) and associated paraphernalia.
Anyone got one? Tried one? Won one?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been otherwise engaged lately (a drunken wake - I shall stick to that excuse office) so only now have I seen this.
In a fit of “oh look a quiz” - I filled in, a couple of weeks ago, one of those “do you qualify for one of our amazing new, all singing and dancing prickometers” adds that appear on this prestigious site from time to time, like sofa sales on the TV.
So, a box arrived in the post today containing a brand new, unused, Contour Next One meter, instruction Manuel (it’s in English as well) and associated paraphernalia.
Yup and my daughter too I like the app and the meter, the strips however are not cheap at £20+ for 50

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I won one before Christmas after I entered on the FB page. Very nice meter, very expensive strips, so I stayed with my Caresens Duo. I used up the small amount of strips that came with it alongside the Duo, results were +-1