Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

Morning.

It's white over here and I think still a bit snowing but think it is slowly turning to sleet.

Hmmm jogger and a dog have just run past, while I sit here eating cake and drinking coffee and no does not inspire me to join them.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning!

Only grey and cloudy here - not much to look at so I'm going to have a gaming session this morning after breakfast in readiness for a sequel I have pre-ordered for this week. Have a work trip down to the big smoke in a few days so I shall likely start preparing bits and pieces for that later. Whatever you're up to, enjoy it!

@Knikki - my only question is what kind of chocolate cake? :joyful:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all... it's looking good for a long walk so I'm off any minute now! Got to be early to do my favourite start to Saturday walk in peace to be avoiding all the Saturday horses, recreational cyclists and amateur amblers through the country park on a nice day! These being the people who, in my general experience, assume everyone will happily move out of their way or wait ages and not mind their out of control dogs/dog leads/off-spring/groups spread across the path etc. The early morning determined regulars are more likely to keep moving, avoid each other, make space for each other, and keep control over dogs.

A cautious glance at the garden, from the safety of my front room, has me thinking someone or some beastie has dealt with the dead creature. Or I was having a delayed hypo hallucination as I returned home last night! I will report back later. Nice and stable overnight and this morning as well, so here's hoping no unscheduled breaks either.

Have to agree with you @Japes with regards to mainly dog walkers and the occasional walker. I go for my walk to take photographs and birdwatch. You are just about to get the perfect shot when Rover, who has been let off his lead decides to jump up and down you with his muddy paws. I have had a few conversations with wreckless dog owners about this. To be fair most are decent and responsible

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
day 4 on pump and had a no carb dinner. BG before was 6.2 about 6pm. It has risen gradually through the evening now at 8.4. Looks like my basal needs a little tweek

Night night all

Following on from last night, at bedtime it was BG 8.4. I had not had any carbs since around 1pm. I decided to leave the pump settings as they were but would check during the night.

OMG a decent night, by 1am down to BG of 6.3, by 3am a BG of 4.8 a little blip at 6am as down to BG of 3.5. Some jelly beans sorted that and work to a BG 4.2 at 9.15

Gotta be happy with that

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to

Reactions: Cumberland

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not a good post but Monday night had an extremely low blood sugar and ambulance had to be called, was in hospital till Friday, don't remember very much of it. Arms are very bruised and still feeling weak but glad to be out!

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
OMG! Thank you so much Scott. I had no idea that menu was there. Wonder why they hid it instead of putting it with the other stuff in the main menu?
Thanks again.

Lol, I suspect the developers were having a quiet day and just decided to throw in a gaming style Easter Egg.

The "candy cane" trend arrow is quite amusing. Press the spanner icon after switching on the Show Graphical Trend Arrow option to access that.

I'm tempted to learn java just so I can replace the trend arrow with gifs of devils pointing up and angels pointing steady.

Screenshot_2019-03-09-11-09-05.png

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Not a good post but Monday night had an extremely low blood sugar and ambulance had to be called, was in hospital till Friday, don't remember very much of it. Arms are very bruised and still feeling weak but glad to be out!
Oh, how miserable for you, sending big hugs and hope you feel better soon xxx

Reactions: Cumberland

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Ouch, nasty one, Nic.

Next consultation, tell them, "look, I was hospitalised for 5 days, prescribe me cgm".

Even if you don't get dexcom, you'd likely be a shoo in for libre under the loosened April 19 prescribing rules and it's easy to turn that into hypo alerting cgm with a miaomiao transmitter and xDrip+ or Spike.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely not a good post. Hope you start feeling better soon. Scott has raised a good point, get to see your GP and make your case for Libre at least.
If only the people who have never had a T1 hypo could read this post. It isn’t always about feeling a bit shaky, a drink of O/J and a sit down for 15 minutes.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

Oh poor you! It’s very frightening when a hypo gets to that depth so lots of hugs.
And yes, a libre and alarm setup would certainly help so hope your GP will push for one for you.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Oh dear! Not a nice experience. Push for CGM as Scott says.

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

It's very scary isn't it, I hope you are recovering well, so take it easy and try to enjoy the weekend.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I had my lovely walk in the glorious sunshine, but it was so blustery, it nearly knocked me off balance a couple of times lol and with the warm sun, I had to undo my jacket as I was getting a little hot ! Borrowed daughter's fit bit and did the 10,000 steps she had programmed in, I knew this because my wrist was vibrating and she is going to buy me one for Mother's day <3
Hope you are all enjoying the weekend x

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Coincidentally just seen this as I'm coming up from a pretty low hypo myself so yeah, lots of sympathy Nicola, at least I could sort this one out on my own. Hope you start to feel less weak soon.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yay, decided to release my inner tech-geek and just got a ticket for this - well, it would have been rude not to seeing as it's about a mile and a half away from my house:

D1N8edqX4AAQ3sO.jpeg

Tickets: https://t.co/ZyIljbScWA?amp=1

I recall @tim2000s was involved in setting up the London ones, not sure if he's speaking at this one, but there's certainly a stellar line up - Partha Kar, NHS national lead on T1 and has really pushed the libre cause; Debbie Wake, who set up the online My Diabetes My Way where you can check all your historical records, available everywhere in Scotland and being piloted in some parts of England (she's a consultant at my hospital and didn't bat an eyelid at my 28 a1c); Fraser Gibb, who has reported on clinical outcomes from the Lothian area where any any T1 who wants libre gets it - a1cs safely dropping like a stone; and, all the way from America, Dana Lewis, one of the pioneers of artificial pancreas in a tic-tac box.

I'm sounding like a total fan-boy!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yay, decided to release my inner tech-geek and just got a ticket for this - well, it would have been rude not to seeing as it's about a mile and a half away from my house:

View attachment 31748

I recall @tim2000s was involved in setting up the London ones, not sure if he's speaking at this one, but there's certainly a stellar line up - Partha Kar, NHS national lead on T1 and has really pushed the libre cause; Debbie Wake, who set up the online My Diabetes My Way where you can check all your historical records, available everywhere in Scotland and being piloted in some parts of England (she's a consultant at my hospital and didn't bat an eyelid at my 28 a1c); Fraser Gibb, who has reported on clinical outcomes from the Lothian area where any any T1 who wants libre gets it - a1cs safely dropping like a stone; and, all the way from America, Dana Lewis, one of the pioneers of artificial pancreas in a tic-tac box.

Sounds fascinating, I hope you really enjoy it and you can tell us all ( in simple layman's terms lol) about it.
That's a Monday isn't it and I'm working then, but I will be thinking of you.
Good ole Scotland <3

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 31748

Hi @Scott-C Thanks for posting the link. I have just booked tickets for this, really looking forward to it. Lothian certainly seems to be leading the way with lots of things type 1

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Scott-C Thanks for posting the link. I have just booked tickets for this, really looking forward to it. Lothian certainly seems to be leading the way with lots of things type 1

Good man! I'll try and catch up with you there for a coffee, would be good to put a face to an avatar!

It'll be interesting to see what happens with so many people in the same room wearing cgm - it'll either go smoothly or there will be a total bluetooth meltdown!

Reactions: smc4761