cinema snacks..

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Really, got a link, the ONLY peanuts I have found at that carb level are KP, they are 5.6, anything flavoured puts it up. The lower cost brands go up too. Not sure why, some can be as high as 15g.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really, got a link, the ONLY peanuts I have found at that carb level are KP, they are 5.6, anything flavoured puts it up. The lower cost brands go up too. Not sure why, some can be as high as 15g.
I couldn’t find them on the net.

The brand is :

Snackrite

Spicy Chilli Flavour Peanuts. Am eating some right now.

5.7g per 100

But if someone said do they always give out the correct figures on the backs of such packets I would have to say I truly do not know.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

D58AFDE4-5D14-40CE-8EA9-654996F273C5.jpeg

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
KP Salt and Vinegar flavoured peanuts, 7.4 grams per 100

D

Deleted member 308541

what snacks/drink can i have?
We always managed to last the distance with movie trips, we ate before we went. No need to pay for high priced junk.

I find it annoying with people slurping drinks and crunching whatever during the movies.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We always managed to last the distance with movie trips, we ate before we went. No need to pay for high priced junk.

I find it annoying with people slurping drinks and crunching whatever during the movies.
My wife is the worst at home when we are watching a movie on tv.

Jaz006

Id say... take whatever YOU like and Enjoy it. :)Having diabetes doesn't mean you have to be boring :banghead: just be sensible. Everything in moderation :rolleyes:. Variety is the spice of life. Don't let 'monitoring' take over your life. Also who cares if some people munch away at the cinema. Geez... they are at the cinema and munching, crunching popcorn forms part of the experience doesn't it? Life is too short to worry about such things.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Id say... take whatever YOU like and Enjoy it. :)Having diabetes doesn't mean you have to be boring :banghead: just be sensible. Everything in moderation :rolleyes:. Variety is the spice of life. Don't let 'monitoring' take over your life. Also who cares if some people munch away at the cinema. Geez... they are at the cinema and munching, crunching popcorn forms part of the experience doesn't it? Life is too short to worry about such things.

Tbh, I find the cinema so loud nowadays ( showing my age :D) If there is any rustling or slurping, the noise from the screen, drowns it out :rolleyes:
I remember going to the 'pictures' decades ago and the smell of the hot dogs and onions cooking were soooooooo good :happy::happy::hungry:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.

Wow, will look out for those, still surprising numbers though. I have literally been through the nut section in several supermarkets and never seen anything flavoured that low. Just salted nuts barely make it.

You said KP are 7.4, the salted ones are less, 5.6%. So I wonder how a splash of vinegar powder will add
2% carb but all those flavour elements add nothing.

Indeed, however I am looking at the back of the actual packet.

Are we saying that we cannot believe what’s on the back of the packet?

Its odd I will give you that, I love eating peanuts. Finding the lowest carb options so I can have a decent 'gutz' when the mood takes me has been a bit of a mission of mine. I have checked no end of different makes and packets.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Indeed, however I am looking at the back of the actual packet.

Are we saying that we cannot believe what’s on the back of the packet?

From a personal perspective as an injector, it's the contents of the packet that need to be taken into account after referencing the values on the rear panel.
I'd let a BG meter decide what to believe.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd let a BG meter decide what to believe.

I can understand your need to do that.

What I had been wondering was how accurate the Nutracheck statistics are.

And on another note, if the pack information is genuinely wrong and Nutracheck are correct then there is a large margin of error on the part of Snackrite and it begs the question are they in breach of trading standards etc etc?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, will look out for those, still surprising numbers though. I have literally been through the nut section in several supermarkets and never seen anything flavoured that low. Just salted nuts barely make it.

You said KP are 7.4, the salted ones are less, 5.6%. So I wonder how a splash of vinegar powder will add
2% carb but all those flavour elements add nothing.

Its odd I will give you that, I love eating peanuts. Finding the lowest carb options so I can have a decent 'gutz' when the mood takes me has been a bit of a mission of mine. I have checked no end of different makes and packets.
Like you I find that peanuts make a nice snack. I generally have a handful or two at night but it would be so easy to eat the whole pack.

I was quite pleased to find the chilli peanuts with such a low carbs content but shall hold back a little on them. The KP alternative salt and vinegar looks good though.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tbh, I find the cinema so loud nowadays ( showing my age :D) If there is any rustling or slurping, the noise from the screen, drowns it out :rolleyes:
I remember going to the 'pictures' decades ago and the smell of the hot dogs and onions cooking were soooooooo good :happy::happy::hungry:
Decades ago the lady used to come round at the interval with ice cream....