What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning all a 6.1 greeted me today, which is nice, unlike the weather its blowing a hoolie here and the dogs decided to take them selves back home leaving me picking up their "parcels" on my own!! Just as well they know the way home eh!

take care everyone.

You need a retriever. Or a poodle.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If he's anything like ours I wouldn't even attempt it!! They get to the door and give you the old "***" look! and turn around!!
I took him with me to do the shopping...he loves the front of the car (he has his seatbelt attachment)...it hadn't started raining then...it's torrential now...so we're staying in watching re-runs on the telly...switched on the heating & lit the fire...Harry has made it clear he is not moving
IMG_0295.JPG

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum that is such good news to hear about your son. I'm glad he has you all to be with.

The last time I was in the ER having my heart checked out they said it was a severe panic attack. I have had those for years. I hope that that is "all" it was for your son and that they will be able to help him. It terrifying.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I took him with me to do the shopping...he loves the front of the car (he has his seatbelt attachment)...it hadn't started raining then...it's torrential now...so we're staying in watching re-runs on the telly...switched on the heating & lit the fire...Harry has made it clear he is not moving
View attachment 31807

And is Mr Churchill up on the heater?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke early ( painful cramps in foot , had to get up and walk it off )

Once sorted, onto First cuppa of day. Swiftly followed by the 2nd. :D

Fbg bang on rainbow 6.

Made chilli last night, done stir fry with it, and added a little grated cheddar.

very nice, but portion control went out the window sadly...so i stuffed after.

Going to have rein in my appetite this week
Off to India next week, so I'm sure to be more relaxed about how much I eat while away,

So it's a little work now to balance the difference I know is coming
so its a worthy cause :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And is Mr Churchill up on the heater?
No not this afternoon...Harry has pride of place on the sofa as near as safely he can get to the fire...Churchill is on the back of the sofa right where the warm air circulates...they have it all figured out Saskia...the best spaces for keeping warm

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bubbsie thanks he is being waited on hand and foot! Harry looks very snug, good for him. @SaskiaKC he kept getting them even while in hospital which is why they kept him two nights to make sure it wasnt cardiac. I hope they are a thing of the past for you.
@jjraak I am glad you are going on such an exotic holiday only what happens if I manage a 5 while you’re away?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum Years ago when I was in my early 40s (and thankfully had health insurance) I had a good doctor who referred me to a local Mitral Valve clinic. There I was given several tests and diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome Dysautonomia (dysautonomia is a dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system). It is apparently what causes my panic attacks. I had had symptoms since early childhood but a major trigger was landing on my head after getting bucked off by a young horse, right before I went back to university after 3 years away -- a hugely stressful lifestyle change in itself.

Knowing what causes panic attacks and what triggers them hasn't cured mine. Taking an SSRI helps but it doesn't cure. I have had the equivalent of one EKG a year for the past 6 years, and last time they even did a heart X-ray as well.

Just my own experience -- FWIW. :)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
6.0 today. I’m in London today and had a jog along the South Bank.
There were a lot of TV journalists about near Westminster doing their bits to camera with parliament in the background. Interesting times.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
View attachment 31807
Here's my two, Sidney and Trixie
IMG_20190226_182845_472.jpg