Type 2 Eggs

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Thanks to all of you I am going to have to have eggs for lunch tomorrow, hope you're happy.

Reactions: Prem51

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Diane_56 - please ignore my post!

Am I the only person on earth who doesn't like eggs?o_O

I do believe they are very nutritious and a rather essential low carb food though, and I can manage a well done omelette. or when I was still eating bread, French toast, but otherwise they have to be well disguised in muffins, pastryless quiches, etc, before I'll go near them. But the very thought of soft, lightly cooked (AKA IMO sloppy) eggs gives me the creeps! :banghead::yuck:

Robbity

M

Member496333

I do believe they are very nutritious and a rather essential low carb food though, and I can manage a well done omelette. or when I was still eating bread, French toast, but otherwise they have to be well disguised in muffins, pastryless quiches, etc, before I'll go near them. But the very thought of soft, lightly cooked (AKA IMO sloppy) eggs gives me the creeps! :banghead::yuck:

Robbity

Opnion noted and duly rejected :D

Aurelien_1009

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
when i was dyslipidemia 2 years ago, my doctor told me that I shouldn't eat an eggs. So, I stop eat eggs for 2-years till now. But when I joined our forum, I learn alot of new things.
We still eat eggs even we're dyslipidemia???

Reactions: kitedoc

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
when i was dyslipidemia 2 years ago, my doctor told me that I shouldn't eat an eggs. So, I stop eat eggs for 2-years till now. But when I joined our forum, I learn alot of new things.
We still eat eggs even we're dyslipidemia???

It is very, very old science that the cholesterol in eggs and some other foods will cause high lipids. This has been debunked with newer science. Our livers make our cholesterol as and when it is needed. If we have eaten eggs or any other dietary cholesterol our livers will just make a bit less. Only a small percentage of dietary cholesterol is used to make lipids - about 15% I believe. The benefits of eating eggs far outweigh any potential risks

Reactions: Aurelien_1009

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jim Lahey
Ahoy Jim Lad! I'm just debating about making a muffin for my last meal of the day, and OMG it will have at least one egg in it! ;)

Robbity

Reactions: hankjam

Diane_56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Robbity
Why ignore everyone is entitled to there opinion my daughter dose not like eggs

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I can make soufflé omelettes - the yokes are beaten with a little warm water and cooked to form the base, then the whites are put on top in meringue style, and cooked gently under the grill, then the cheese is put on top and melted - the result is flipped over on itself to make a huge half circle gently oozing melted cheese - delicious.

Aurelien_1009

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It is very, very old science that the cholesterol in eggs and some other foods will cause high lipids. This has been debunked with newer science. Our livers make our cholesterol as and when it is needed. If we have eaten eggs or any other dietary cholesterol our livers will just make a bit less. Only a small percentage of dietary cholesterol is used to make lipids - about 15% I believe. The benefits of eating eggs far outweigh any potential risks
I search in our forum and very surprise !!!
Could you help let me know any food or diet can help reduce triglycerides or LDL cholesterol??

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I search in our forum and very surprise !!!
Could you help let me know any food or diet can help reduce triglycerides or LDL cholesterol??

Plenty of oily fish such as salmon, sardines, mackerel, and tuna. They all contain omega 3. Others helpful things are losing weight (if you need to), reducing carbohydrates, more exercise.