Eversense xl

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Anyone used this? Can't find out the cost or how long the transmitter works before charging.

D

Deleted Account

I have not used it myself but have spoken to someone who was lucky to get a chance to trial it.
From a positive perspective it was the most accurate CGM she has experienced - like me she had tried a lot and found their accuracy rather dubious.
However ...
- it is inserted under the skin via a medical procedure requiring local anaesthetic every 3 months
- Like most CGM it takes 24 to 48 hours to "bed in". Therefore, you do not know immediately after insertion if it is working and, if it is not, you have to repeat the procedure to replace it.
- the transmitter is bulky - it is bulkier than DexCom and Libre
- I think she said she charged the transmitter battery when she was in a the shower each morning ... it does not last very long.

As I mentioned, she was on a trial so did not have to consider the cost.
It was discussed in passing during my last diabetes review (not as an option). My DSN gave the impression it was an expensive option (she did not mention actual numbers but compared it with DexCom and Libre) and any cost needs to consider the 3 monthly insertion which is not done for free.

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
The 'blurb' says it lasts, potentially, for up to 180 days, but it's hard to tell without trialling. I guess the only advantage for me might be:
a) price, if it's cheaper than the libre
b) only having to change something every 6 months
c) it may be more accurate.

They are certainly not keen on answering their phones.