When can you say, your blood sugars are under control?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Adding the pre diabetic angle.

My 1c is now well into non diabetic levels and I feel better than I have in decades. Even after meals over 6 is rare and haven't seen a 7 since pizza Gate.

I have most likely saved my pancreas from total meltdown avoiding t2. So my numbers are pretty much like a normal person on a good diet.

But.....

I am coming to the belief after a lot of reading that I have had mild rh for years. My late teens at a guess.

I now stay sharp and bright all day. Just eating a fraction of what I used to. Its amazing. Since dumping carbs my body no longer demands a snooze to get through the day.

I would say it's your lifestyle you need to control. The bg will follow.
Mild rh? Is that a typo?

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Nope.

Never been any official diagnosis but after reading a lot of this forum I have suffered with many of the symptoms of Reactive hypoglycemia.
To the point I have always made sure after food I would have the chance of a nap. It's really quick. Within the hour falling asleep, unless I eat again, etc etc.

Like I say nothing official. It reduced when I went low carb and has gone in keto.

MrBen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. I am type 1 - controlling blood sugars - so there are things that make them go up + and things that make them go down. Uppers are carbs and stress - downers are insulin and exercise (sorry if there are other things that I have not included).
I have achieved better control by limiting my carbs at Breakfast and Lunch (often I have none).
I will have 3 units in morning that counteracts my liver glucose dump first thing.
I will test throughout the day still. Being aware that if I have been more active I will need a snack, or any stress may mean I need a little extra shot.
What I have found is that I am very balanced during the day when I am busy. Then I can carb out at dinner time - I also know that I will not be massively busy. Exercise and insulin put you at risk of hypo. It makes common sense to limit insulin during the day when you are busiest. By doing this I do not feel lacking in energy - I just make sure I adjust if doing exercise - I run a lot - so sugary snacks are needed here.
My blood sugars have been a lot better since doing this - I have massively reduced hypos - and my hypo awareness has improved.
Having 3 lots of insulin every day puts us all in a vulnerable position - where a slight mistake can lead to a nasty hypo.
I now feel in control. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Starfish18

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope.

Never been any official diagnosis but after reading a lot of this forum I have suffered with many of the symptoms of Reactive hypoglycemia.
To the point I have always made sure after food I would have the chance of a nap. It's really quick. Within the hour falling asleep, unless I eat again, etc etc.

Like I say nothing official. It reduced when I went low carb and has gone in keto.
Okay. I didn’t know what rh is or was. Thanks.

I agree that some symptoms might well go back many years (unrecognised) and feel that has been the case in my case.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If I had a blood sugar reading between 5.3 and 6.0 I wouldn't consider myself as being diabetic
Most of my readings are below 6 but I'm definitely diabetic, as they wouldn't be if I didn't take care with what I'm eating and injecting insulin for it.