Eating out in N.Z.

Atad heavy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello
We are off to Wellington in 3 weeks time & I am getting worried about eating out as we are not self catering. This is the first time we have been away since my type 2 diagnosis & I wondered how other people have got on and any recommendations for places to eat would be really appreciated

Thanks for reading

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Not an expert on Wellington but NZ in general is way ahead of the UK in food choice.

Gluten free, paleo, keto, Atkins......they've heard of them!

You should feel at home in Windy Wellington as well after Gareth.:rolleyes:

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was in NZ last year, they sure like their pies and cakes, always available with a coffee at the roadside cafes. That said I found wraps labelled 'low carb' - and they were. They also have a fantastic whitebait patty, just disregard the roll like you would with a burger. The food choices are not too different to UK, you will always find something. As always be wary of sauces and salad dressings

Atad heavy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was in NZ last year, they sure like their pies and cakes, always available with a coffee at the roadside cafes. That said I found wraps labelled 'low carb' - and they were. They also have a fantastic whitebait patty, just disregard the roll like you would with a burger. The food choices are not too different to UK, you will always find something. As always be wary of sauces and salad dressings[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info