Hey all

Ricey

Well lets see.I am 20 years, have been diabetic for nearly 6 years now and have to say my control is every good. My last hba1c was 8.1 and everything else that was tested (like throidy things :lol: ). I decided to join this because I am on a relatively new insulin regime, to hear of others people's tips and give my own. Err... anything else? If you need to know just ask.

C

catherinecherub

Welcome to the forum ricey,

I am sure a type1 will be along to answer your post soon.

CC.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, welcome to us all here, are you a type1 or 2 ? as both types can need to use insulin, you are a new starter on insulin meds? what regime they started you off with? is it helping? would love to hear of your journey with diabetes plus do give us any tips that could help anyone out . Anna.x :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Glad to hear you are getting on ok with the new regime.....do you also test pre meal and after meal, before bed etc....? Was your 8.1 hba1c when you were on premixed insulin?

Ricey

donnellysdogs said:
Glad to hear you are getting on ok with the new regime.....do you also test pre meal and after meal, before bed etc....? Was your 8.1 hba1c when you were on premixed insulin?
I have to check check my sugar before a meal and I also like to do it again around 2/3 hours afterwards to make sure that I had the right amount of insulin. For me, one unit of the fast acting insulin lowers me by amout 3mmol.

I always check myself before bed now or if I've been out and find my monitor to fiddly I always have something to eat. When I can, I note down the the blood sugars. I'm thinking about making a database that I can record my readings and make a few graphs (...yyeeeaaahhhh. Maths and science are my strengths :D)

Before I started these new insulins my hba1c still wasn't too bad. I can't remember exactly but it was in the 7's