Maple Extract

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bought some Lakanto Maple Flavoured Syrup from Amazon, not tried it yet, thought I would try it out on husband on Tuesday.

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hehe, thanks.

My plan was for pancake day :)

I found a nice almond pancake mix that I tried today and worked out lovely (mind you, bakewell tart is my fav cake, so I'm on a winner using almonds) . Only oil I had was olive oil so used that instead of avocado. https://www.wholesomeyum.com/keto-almond-flour-pancakes-recipe/

And while on that site, I found the recipe for the maple syrup.

Sugar free syrup will do me fine, mind you just for pancake day, I might now simply squirt a little lemon and cover with Erythritol, decisions decisions :)

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If the pancakes turn out ok, I plan on pancetta and the maple syrup for breakfast.

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hehe, thanks.

My plan was for pancake day :)

I found a nice almond pancake mix that I tried today and worked out lovely (mind you, bakewell tart is my fav cake, so I'm on a winner using almonds) . Only oil I had was olive oil so used that instead of avocado. https://www.wholesomeyum.com/keto-almond-flour-pancakes-recipe/

And while on that site, I found the recipe for the maple syrup.

Sugar free syrup will do me fine, mind you just for pancake day, I might now simply squirt a little lemon and cover with Erythritol, decisions decisions :)

These pancakes look great and I hope to give them a try tonight. Did you just use normal ground almond which you buy from UK supermarkets?

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just buy ready made SF maple syrup via Amazon, the OP is asking for maple extract to make their own syrup.
I tried this and loved it but found - weirdly - even something that tastes so sweet was enough to send my BG on a rise. My wife still has it just fine!