Silly: what’s your “eating style”?

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DCUKMod I am loving your commitment to meals a family together times. Enjoy your spoiledness!
@Debandez I almost laughed out loud when you said “covered in paperwork”. Long ago before kids we had that too! Then Mr ZF inherited a baby grand piano... instant table clearing! And I admire a person who can tolerate the (to me highly irritating) tv in the morning. Also, what I call supper is your dinner. Old family usage. Also, in parts of US, the noontime meal is dinner.
@Lamont D all right then! My eating-clock will never match yours, that’s for sure! :D
@Bluetit1802 I did raise my kids with the supper-at-table (with candles!!) and distractions didn’t exist at that time. Breakfast for them was of necessity at the table, but as there was only one bathroom there was no formality. I think they now both sit for a fair number of at-home meals. Going out was not part of their childhood lifestyle (as it wasn’t ours either), and none of us goes out more than a few times a year, usually if out of town family come visiting. I mostly don’t like restaurant food!
I think the family work schedule, because often set in stone, can dictate lots of meal behaviors. It sure has ours for our entire adult lives, and my childhood and teen years as well. And son and d-i-l. When other son has a job, same for him.

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast I try but fail to avoid - see elsewhere on here. Lunch is a bit of soup or similar usually alone. My wife still works. I make one of the diet doctor suppers which we eat at the table while watching Jon Snow torturing politicians. I go the full monty for supper - usually end up with Greek yoghurt and frozen blackberries or raspberries.

Reactions: zauberflote

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Im different again.

Monday to Friday I get up to a bulletproof coffee.

That's it, may go with another around 1 ish on a rough day.

Evening meal I do tend to put some effort in. I like cooking. I have spices and herbs. I curry things, chilled, maybe oriental.

None of the scratch cooking takes long. I know the carbs (minimal).
I always give the others some carbs. The wife could not get past k flu and I know the kids will rebel as they are both into sports massively.
So it's normally pasta or brown rice (which is always the longest to cook) but have cut them down to 75 to 100g for the 3 of them, (he he he).
I will have leeks or cauli if I have any veg at all.

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@johnme see your other thread. I’m in the same boat. Meds rule my life <exasperated eyeroll>
@Spl@ i used to make a big pot of briwn rice and keep in in the frig for myself, nuke when ready. I ate it twice a day. Mr ZF couldn’t be persuaded... I finally broke down and biught a very small rice cooker last fall, and by golly that takes the drudge out of cooking his rice!
I like your meals philosophy, but have been wedded to breakfast since a babe. I inherited a breakfast-is-best-meal-of-day brain I think.

Reactions: johnme