Rhubarb

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I buy it frozen from farmfood £1 for 750g, cook it in the microwave with no additions - May a sprinkle of sweetner to taste after it's cooked. Growing up we used to get a stick straight from the garden and sugar in an eggcup to dip it in!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find a drizzle of lemon juice and/or some ginger (fresh grated or ground) goes well with roo-boo.

I do similar, but with orange juice and zest instead of lemon. One orange and a 400g pack of rhubarb does me four servings so that 's still very low carb in my estimation. . I chop mine fairly small and cook it in an open pan with erithritol type sweetener, and a big dollop of butter,which with the orange juice are all it needs liquid-wise and I find it's cooked in about 10-15 mins or so.

I'm surprised that rhubarb isn't often listed with other low carb fruits and veggies, same with gooseberries and black and red currants.

Robbity

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just went out and bought some fresh Yorkshire rhubarb, from Morrisons. Cooking it this morning with lemon and ginger.

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the forced rhubarb stewed for a few minutes, put in ramekins and cooled, then make a custard, pour over the top and bake in a Bain Marie until just set ........ delicious :)