Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’m sitting in my favorite knee recovery chair with a view of the garden watching bluetits gather moss to line nests. The first frogspawn’s appeared in the pond too. Meanwhile humans are either trying to save the world or wrangling and murdering because of conflicting ideologies.
Next time, next life, I want to be a happy worm in a compost heap

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
emoji4.png
Well you’ll have no problems with your knees but I guarantee someone will be telling what you should and should not be eating.:):):)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
emoji4.png
Being gobbled by hungry Blue ****..........

Hi Everyone been busy at work so haven't been around much, next week isn't looking any better. Which should be interesting on the BG front, I'm out and about and will physically busy as opposed to sat mostly at my desk being busy.

Had an interesting day yesterday - I forgot to take my breakfast bolus (?! just fancied not being diabetic for a moment!) started to feel it mid morning and realised what I'd done, or not done, 19.0 ouch! as pen was already pre-dialed up for my brekkie dose I just did it, then lunch came around and auto pilot took over, blood test (10.something) meter calculates dose so usual lunch usual jab, as soon as I had done the jab I thought oh sugar i've just stacked I didn't tell my meter I had taken 7u 2 hrs ago.....this should be fun! 2hrs after lunch I was 5.8 and someone came in to the office with Krispy kremes doughnuts - ironically she said she wondered if she should offer one to me, Ha! don't ever say or think like that I said and quickly grabbed one, I was 5.8 when I left work later - worked a treat in the end.

Have a good weekend, I'll be one of the F1 early birds so might beat Karen to the Good Morning posts!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greeting fellow teabags hope that you have all had a good week

I have had a fairly **** week to be honest with the pump. Ok its only been 2 weeks but bloods generally have been fairly high especially in mornings. This was the exact same situation as I had with MDI. Think this is taking a wee bit of a toll as I am finding I am increasingly tired and to be honest that is not like me at all.

Looking for some general advice as to what adjustments to make to the pump setting, should it be Bolus or Basal.

BG can be about 9 around 7 am just before breakfast, having riden gradually since round 5am. Ok dawn phenomenon. After brekkie my BG will rise by about 6/7 points before dropping back to OK levels at lunchtime. From lunchtime to bedtime BG are usually fine.

So my issue is between around 5am and 11 am. Any thoughts on what I should be adjusting

Reactions: Cumberland

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Greeting fellow teabags hope that you have all had a good week

I have had a fairly **** week to be honest with the pump. Ok its only been 2 weeks but bloods generally have been fairly high especially in mornings. This was the exact same situation as I had with MDI. Think this is taking a wee bit of a toll as I am finding I am increasingly tired and to be honest that is not like me at all.

Looking for some general advice as to what adjustments to make to the pump setting, should it be Bolus or Basal.

BG can be about 9 around 7 am just before breakfast, having riden gradually since round 5am. Ok dawn phenomenon. After brekkie my BG will rise by about 6/7 points before dropping back to OK levels at lunchtime. From lunchtime to bedtime BG are usually fine.

So my issue is between around 5am and 11 am. Any thoughts on what I should be adjusting
I would say basal needs adjusting. Give your DSN a call and upload your pump so she can take a look and advise you x

K

Knikki

Evening.

@porl69 did you get your tech issues sorted?
@Capt-Slog your Jelly Baby and the microwave experiment was the funnies things I have read on here for a long time.
@Cumberland what's up? What the doc say?
@Mel dCP get your voice back?
@karen8967 how's the lie ins going?

Everyone else hav a HUG!

Anyway I am now off to blow s*** up somewhere in the universe, might have to split dose around Venus mind you plus also drunk and feel awesome after a full on carb plus tea and chocolate.

Post edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Knikki

Hi Knikki.....MM is down AGAIN has been for the last hour. It's coming off my arm and being reset in 10 mins. Have a good evening dav8ng the universe

Reset of MM might work however it might be worth just re-paring the Bluetooth, like switch Bluetooth off then clear the cache, you'll have to google it, drunk cat remember, then repair it with the Bluetooth :)

If you have Sumsung bloothooth it carp

Reactions: porl69

ChrisJ_SLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lack of bacon.
Roller coaster 24hrs. I was accepted for Libre prescription in January and advised the start-up session would be April. Yesterday I was advised that due to winter pressures there was a back-log and I would have to wait until June. Got a call this morning and after a chat with a lovely DSN there has been a cancellation and I've got a place on a start-up April the 2nd. Happy days.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Had a wonderful surprise this evening when younger daughter turned up. She’d been at a meeting in London and decided that since her mother in law and her hubby were looking after the boys she’d come on down to see us. Happy!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ll confess to getting quite upset too. I like low carb as you know, it makes my own personal body easier to run - but if you can make carbs work, then there’s no problem. We’re not metabolically compromised in the same way; we have major organ failure. I rarely venture outside this thread now, unless I’m tagged for something specific. It’s a shame. But when the response to a post about veggie meat substitutes is a thread full of pictures of meat, it’s time to bow out.

Edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Knikki.....MM is down AGAIN has been for the last hour. It's coming off my arm and being reset in 10 mins. Have a good evening dav8ng the universe

Reset of MM might work however it might be worth just re-paring the Bluetooth, like switch Bluetooth off then clear the cache, you'll have to google it, drunk cat remember, then repair it with the Bluetooth :)

If you have Sumsung bloothooth it carp

Just wanted to nip on and say I know the pain - I spent a couple of days this week in an extremely 'noisy' area for Bluetooth with my Blucon. Somehow although it wasn't quite able to stick to readings every 5 minutes it was able to find it sporadically among the (literally) hundreds of other devices in the vicinity and only needed a rather awkward pin reset a few times. :rolleyes:

I've never had to totally forget it (and the MM may work in a different way) in the device settings and usually a Bluetooth Scan within xDrip after a pin reset is enough to get it going again (although I find having device bonding disabled works best on my device).