Saving Libra Link Data Onto Your Pc

knackered

As per title really, I may be a bit thick but how do ( or can ) you save the scans from the Libra system to your PC. I would like to keep each 14 day sensor info saved to my comp if possible as the app only allows for a ninety day period. I have the app downloaded onto a Samsung galaxy S6 smartphone.

Any help with this and any other tips for using the Libra would be most welcome, I'm just about to start my second sensor tomorrow having attached it this morning.

Cheers

Steve.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm sure you're not at all thick! I don't use the Libre but I'll tag @tim2000s for you as he may know.

bondj700

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes....
Hey steve. Do you use diasend? I found easiest way is to link librelink account to diasend account. Presents data in various formats and has added bonus you can share data with hcp if you want. Message me if you want anymore info. Out of interest how you getting on with s6 and librelink heard there was some issues? I used my s5 which was fine but not used my s7 yet

knackered

Hi, thanks for the reply, I never heard of diasend and will look into that thanks. With regards the S6,its seems great so far but I'm still getting used to it as its my first android phone. The last one was a nokia lumia 1320 on the windows system and I didn't get on with it at all but it was my first smartphone so...
I have just (the last few days) had slight problem with the sensor not scanning and have to turn the phone off and on to get it scanning again??? so will have to see if that gets any worse as its a bit of a nuisance.Apart from that its been a fantastic combination and easy to understand.

Its fantastic to be able to monitor things as often as I like, the morning readings on waking up have been a revelation! how would I have ever found out about or understood this with a finger prick test. 7.8 0n waking up at 9.30 am today and a steady rise to 11.1 taken over five readings up to just now. 7.8 would have been okayish I suppose, but 11.1 would have set off the alarm bells and made me worry. simply because of the time I waited to test first thing.
I am beginning to think the early testing is a bit of a waste of time unless there is a set procedure and an understanding of what this first thing glucose spike is 'really' all about. This is my first real mission on my learning curve, getting my head around what is happening first thing after a nights kip.

Lots to learn but at least I can with this setup.

Now to check out diasend:)

bondj700

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes....
I used libre for first time beginning of august and loved it. Like you it was great to see patterns that you wouldn't with finger testing. I also have morning rise or "waking phenomenon" (different to dawn phenomenon)where level at waking is fine but if don't eat and/or bolus level will quickly rise. After reading advice of others on here and elsewhere have found solution for me is to either eat and bolus quite soon after getting up(have a higher i/c ratio in morning) which seems to shut off the liver dump which causes bg to rise. Or if not eating straight away to take small bolus correction dose.

Thats what i heard others say bout s6 but hope next update will sort out any minor instability problems. Do you have libre reader aswell? Starting my new sensor with s7 next weekend and can't wait! Good luck with diasend. I find it really useful when meeting dsn/consultant as saves having to make loads of notes or printing records off to show them.

Bill_St

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Download and install the Libre software onto your PC
http://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/help/products/software.html

Connect the reader to your USB port and the software will auto start.

You can save or print off .pdf files of weekly, monthly or bi-weekly etc. reports. These reports include weekly & daily summaries and graphs.

You can also download a .txt file that can be imported into Excel. That holds up to 90 days only but it is easy to join multiple .csv files together.

bondj700

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes....
Download and install the Libre software onto your PC
http://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/help/products/software.html

Connect the reader to your USB port and the software will auto start.

You can save or print off .pdf files of weekly, monthly or bi-weekly etc. reports. These reports include weekly & daily summaries and graphs.

You can also download a .txt file that can be imported into Excel. That holds up to 90 days only but it is easy to join multiple .csv files together.
Hey bill. Thats all good but steve is using a galaxy s6 smartphone with the librelink app (not sure if he has libre reader aswell) so slightly different. Diasend does all that but has added benefit of being able to share data and combine data from more than 1 meter. If you are in UK worth checking it out.

dvhales

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How can you download the readings from a smartphone app to the PC, please? I can't see any way, but I'll bet some of you people know how!
I have just started the Freestyle Libre and I think it's great.
Thanks for any help.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Freestle Libre software in my PC, and upload my data from the reader (at least) at the end of each month. I then need to save/export/dump that data in order to keep it long term, as I've never been able to actually see anything other than what's saved on my reader when that is actually connected. (Unless of course I'm being super thick and am missing something obvious??? :banghead: ) And this very seriously pisses me off as my Contour Next software actually keeps all my uploaded data on its own database on my PC. And I can then access this and check statistics. etc, at any time without having the hassle of connecting my meter to do so. For me this is one very major minus point for the Libre. (Rant over....:D)

Robbity

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
How can you download the readings from a smartphone app to the PC, please? I can't see any way, but I'll bet some of you people know how!
I have just started the Freestyle Libre and I think it's great.
Thanks for any help.

You can't.

I messaged Abbott and asked them that very question - they said you can't do it. That's why, in the end, I opted to buy the reader and not rely on my phone (Samsung S4 Mini). And I'm glad I did, because a) it is way easier to scan with the reader than my phone - less wafting about; b) approximately every other time I attempt to scan with the phone, LibreLink crashes.

rpmclean51

Diasend works very well. Connects seamlessly to the Freestyle Libra and makes your readings available in csv format for use with many, many, programs.

K

Knikki

@rpmclean51 Thanks for the info but you do realise that this thread is more than 1.5 years old?

Not sure if any of the originally posters will reply and there are lots of threads around the place on Libre :)

Welcome to the forum why not pop in the "Greeting & Introduction" thread and say Hello :)

Braeburn8

For information on dissent and Librelink see:

Abbott Diabetes Care, the manufacturer of FreeStyle Libre, has unfortunately decided to remove the ability to upload data to diasend® via the LibreLink app – starting January 20th, 2020.

Until further notice, you can still upload data from your Freestyle Libre reader via USB cord: Both in-clinic via diasend®/Glooko Transmitter – and from home, using the diasend® Uploader software.