Hba1c over 100 at time of conception

Kelly88

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant
I was diagnosed with diabetes in January and got pregnant a couple of days later (before being told not to get pregnant) I was already pregnant but unaware when I was told this

My hba1c at the time of conception was around 100/110
I know this can cause defects and problems for the baby which is really worrying me

I have been researching and reading everything and spoken to doctors
The statistics seem to be different from everyone

I was considering a termination as I thought this was the right thing to do giving all the worrying outcomes of conceiving with such a high hba1c

I am so scared confused and upset
Does anyone have any advice please or been through a similar situation

Thank you Kelly x

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
When my hba1 was over 100 4 years ago when trying for my second I had 2 miscarriages most likely due to this as I had didbatetes under much much better control a few months later and had my son 8 months later .... no experience with birth defects because of this though
Have u got an early scan? Usually if something is genetically wrong it ends in a miscarriage sadly so if all is well I would be confident xxx

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had two blighted ovums which is where the sac grows hormones are produced but baby doesn’t develop so it was obvious in a scan

Kelly88

When my hba1 was over 100 4 years ago when trying for my second I had 2 miscarriages most likely due to this as I had didbatetes under much much better control a few months later and had my son 8 months later .... no experience with birth defects because of this though
Have u got an early scan? Usually if something is genetically wrong it ends in a miscarriage sadly so if all is well I would be confident xxx

Thank you for your reply

I have had a scan last week at 8 weeks and everything looks normal
However they wouldn’t be able to tell if anything was seriously wrong until 20 weeks scan
So I am just hoping and praying for the best

Everything I read online is quite worrying x