Carb counting

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Anyone find carb counting hard ?? Just wanting to ask is there someone we’re to buy low carb meals but don’t want to loose weight my diabetes is not controlled I’m unstable

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes I do. I'm new at this. Portions, especially in veggies is difficult to count. Is it the total carbs, or carbs minus fiber that I should be counting? Do I subtract half the sugar alcohol? Does it make any difference if it is soluble or insoluble fiber?

I’m not sure all I have been told is that every 10g of carb I take 1 unit of incerkin to cancel out the Carbs for example if I’m eating 40 grams of carbs that’s 4 units of novorapid

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
I don't minus fibre , I just use the total carbs to calculate insulin, as you say 40 grams of carbs is 4 units.

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't minus fibre , I just use the total carbs to calculate insulin, as you say 40 grams of carbs is 4 units.

It depends on which country you're in. In the UK at least the carbs listed don't include fibre - that's mentioned separately. In the US and I think Australia they appear to do so, and you're supposed to subtract the fibre from the total.

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It depends on which country you're in. In the UK at least the carbs listed don't include fibre - that's mentioned separately. In the US and I think Australia they appear to do so, and you're supposed to subtract the fibre from the total.

No one had told me this every nurse I see is saying different things