67 and new - to the forum.

rpmclean51

My name is Randy and I discovered I was a type 2 diabetic when I went for a 50 years old medical when I was 51 just because it’s recommended. I control my blood glucose with insulin, Invokana and metformin. My blood pressure is controlled with Telmisartan and Amlodipine, and Rosuvastatin keeps my cholesterol just peachy. Now if I could only lose 25 pounds. (I did try Victoza, but that didn’t work nor did it seem to do anything for my glucose levels.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went low carb from the instant I was diagnosed, I have needed to get new clothes several times since then.
Low carb has always been the only way I have been able to lose weight, for decades, so I do tend to bang on a bit - but I used to wear XXL and now I am in Ms so going good.

Reactions: HSSS

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Resurgam Congratulations! You’ve achieved great results for sure. What is your daily carb intake?
For reversing diabetes I was at 50 gm of carbs a day - my old level back when on Atkins, which rather amused me.
I ate fewer carbs AM than PM, as they had more effect in the mornings. I only eat twice a day.
When my weight loss stopped I went down to 40 gm - to no great effect, though I have continued to shrink and grow stronger too.
I stick to low carb foods, rather than trying to eat small amount of higher carbs.

Reactions: HSSS