What do people think of this?

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
I do wish that these so called studies would be better used as toilet paper!

As in most things, having too much of anything is not good for you!
Having a little of what you like in a balanced , tailored for you, dietary intake, will always be the better option of managing most endocrine conditions.

I eat quite a few eggs per week, between ten and twenty depending on what else I am having with them! Tomorrow, after fasting, gammon and two eggs (fried) with fresh mushrooms, tomatoes and onions (again fried!)

You need water to exist, you just cannot live without it!
But too much, will make you very ill!
Think of some medication. A dose of most drugs is good for you, an overdose is bad!

Portion size and control is so important, as is exercise!
Are the studies THAT good?!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How about prawns. I recall this was another food that was deemed to be high in cholesterol and potentially problematic.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
You don’t look that old!
That's very kind - the avatar comes from 2015. Er, I'm entitled to free prescriptions again since last August. Will the bus pass exist when I become eligible? Don't go there!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I read that someone 'tagged' the cholesterol in eggs - don't know how though, but after some people had been eating them a while they looked for the tags, and concluded that the cholesterol in the eggs had not become more than a very small fraction of the cholesterol in the body.
Good thing someone thought to check, eh.

Reactions: Guzzler

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
So again a food that was consumed when "events" were low is associated with increased risk - to all testers please explain.

If one of you boffins reads these posts put up or shut up - perform similar tests on numbers of proven LCHF / Keto advocates who have maybe been on the protocol for say 3 years. Here's an idea nicely ask Dr David Unwin to see the heart risks of his patients, or possibly Eric Westman, Jason Fung, Sarah Halberg or Ted Naiman (more surgeries with real records on request if you like). This is why I keep banging on about a register...if someone doesn't do this soon, I will.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
So again a food that was consumed when "events" were low is associated with increased risk - to all testers please explain.

If one of you boffins reads these posts put up or shut up - perform similar tests on numbers of proven LCHF / Keto advocates who have maybe been on the protocol for say 3 years. Here's an idea nicely ask Dr David Unwin to see the heart risks of his patients, or possibly Eric Westman, Jason Fung, Sarah Halberg or Ted Naiman (more surgeries with real records on request if you like). This is why I keep banging on about a register...if someone doesn't do this soon, I will.

If they would just stop shuffling papers that would be nice. Epidemiology? Pah!

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
It's crazy. First Eggs were considered demon, then we are told to eat as many as we wish because the Cholesterol in Eggs do not affect our blood cholesterol. Now we are told that it does. Perhaps they should do a study on people who are low carb and Keto regarding the eggs? This way the people would not have been eating high carb foods. The results would be interesting. I wager that it will be a different result

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also wasn’t cheese demonised for similar reasons. I also dropped the amount of cheese I ate as a consequence.

So it’s eggs, prawns and cheese as I remember.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if they asked them as well how much grain they ate in a week and corn flakes as well

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's crazy. First Eggs were considered demon, then we are told to eat as many as we wish because the Cholesterol in Eggs do not affect our blood cholesterol. Now we are told that it does. Perhaps they should do a study on people who are low carb and Keto regarding the eggs? This way the people would not have been eating high carb foods. The results would be interesting. I wager that it will be a different result
well i eat lots and lots of eggs on keto and my cholesterol has lowered so can't affect it .

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been really hammering dairy fats and eggs for several months since attempting LCHF, much to my Drs initial alarm. The blood tests he ordered showed my cholesterol numbers are now bang in the middle of normal, having been slightly elevated before.

Reactions: Listlad

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The difference in my TC between diagnosis and my last review (almost two years) was 0.2. My GP gasped until I pointed out the changes in the breaksown Really, my breakdown is Glorious :D.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just love eggs. Tbey are the basis of my diet. I dont eat more than 10 eggs a week probably but I so enjoy them and they make a very quick and versatile meal.

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat 14 eggs a week and have done for a year. My recent tests show my cholesterol ratios are perfect.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dr Chris Steele on This Morning has just agreed that this study is flawed and confirmed that the cholesterol from eggs doesn’t contribute to heart disease :)