A coconut pancake?

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
coconut pancake @Major Buckmaster
just done didnt weigh anything
heat up some coconut oil in a nonstick frying pan and heat up grill assuming pan can be used under grill
mix coconut flour baking powder some chia seeds small tub lidl cottage cheese two eggs
add excess oil to mix
add mix to hot pan adjust pan heat so not to burn...
maybe two to three minutes then place under grill till orangey brown
not bad....

Last edited:

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
They're easy and yummy. I recommend them, and on dietdoctor there's a button so you can switch from cups to metric. I can't work with cups either.
This is how mine came out.
2019-02-12 13.17.19.jpg

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
heat up some coconut oil in a nonstick frying pan and heat up grill assuming pan can be used under grill
mix coconut flour baking powder some chia seeds small tub lidl cottage cheese two eggs
add excess oil to mix
not bad....

Doesn’t sound like a pancake to me.

Reactions: Shas3

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
add excess oil to mix
not bad....
Okay. Less eggy, that one. I shall try that next.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Google Advilite and the skinny food company you might find what you're looking for there

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Doesn’t sound like a pancake to me.
I think you are on a hopeless quest to find a non wheat flour pancake that is like the original. Low carb versions of anything might be just as good but they are always different. For Shrove Tuesday I had the same pancake as the rest of the family but I only had one, very thin with just lemon.

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
I think you are on a hopeless quest to find a non wheat flour pancake that is like the original. Low carb versions of anything might be just as good but they are always different. For Shrove Tuesday I had the same pancake as the rest of the family but I only had one, very thin with just lemon.

I’m with you in that. I think I will have an ordinary one. I’m sure it won’t do any harm. I’m just craving a pancake.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
All the recipes I've found use measuring cups - what's the problem using cups? I find them very easy - much easier than weighing

Because there's a difference between American/Australian and UK cup sizes.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol I didn’t know that.

That then is the same as the US and U.K. gallon. Different.

Yes, slight differences in all. Baking can be quite an exact science, so even small amounts more or less of one ingredient can have a drastic effect on the success or failure of a recipe.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, slight differences in all. Baking can be quite an exact science, so even small amounts more or less of one ingredient can have a drastic effect on the success or failure of a recipe.
My wife uses American recipes a lot. But she is using U.K. cups. So that is quite interesting. Thanks.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
US cups 240ml, UK and Australia cups 250ml so not much different. Mostly it is about ratios so just stick to the same cup size.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because there's a difference between American/Australian and UK cup sizes.
As long as you use the same set of cups throughout the recipe will work - baking is about ratios not weight so it doesn't matter where your cups come from just how you use them :)