Medtronic Enlite Sensor (Shortages)

Lunar_Lapin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning,

I'm just wondering if anyone happens to have any information on the expected delay/backorder with their Enlite sensors? I ordered weeks ago and having called many times, unable to get an answer, I'm feeling rather fobbed off. I was told within 2 weeks originally, but have been today that I should never have been given a time frame. I asked if it were likely to be more than 2 weeks from now, as if it is then I am going to need to purchase a backup to tide me over (I have a lot of hypos and rely heavily on my cgm).

If anyone has any further snippets of information that may be useful - please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Lunar_Lapin I haven't heard of any shortages but I don't use the enlite myself - have you tried calling Medtronic customer care for information on this ?

Lunar_Lapin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Lunar_Lapin I haven't heard of any shortages but I don't use the enlite myself - have you tried calling Medtronic customer care for information on this ?

I have yes, I’ve had issues over the last 2/3 months and this time they won’t even give an indication of whether they’re talking days/weeks/months etc!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I placed an order with Medtronic last month. Everything except the sensors was delivered a couple of days later. The following day I phoned Medtronic to find out when I could expect the sensors to arrive. I was told to phone a week later, if I still hadn't received them. She didn't mention a production problem, but I did wonder if that was the case. They still hadn't arrived a week later, so I phoned again and while I was speaking to Medtronic, the delivery man rang the doorbell. I half expected to find only one box of sensors but received all of them.

It is quite worrying when you are reaching the end of your last box of sensors. I restarted my 3rd last sensor as a new sensor (after charging the trasmitter), as I was worried I would be left sensorless. I have a very sensitive skin, so don't like reusing sensors but luckily my order arrived, so I didn't have to use my next sensor for more than 6 days.

I hope your order arrived soon!

Lunar_Lapin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I placed an order with Medtronic last month. Everything except the sensors was delivered a couple of days later. The following day I phoned Medtronic to find out when I could expect the sensors to arrive. I was told to phone a week later, if I still hadn't received them. She didn't mention a production problem, but I did wonder if that was the case. They still hadn't arrived a week later, so I phoned again and while I was speaking to Medtronic, the delivery man rang the doorbell. I half expected to find only one box of sensors but received all of them.

It is quite worrying when you are reaching the end of your last box of sensors. I restarted my 3rd last sensor as a new sensor (after charging the trasmitter), as I was worried I would be left sensorless. I have a very sensitive skin, so don't like reusing sensors but luckily my order arrived, so I didn't have to use my next sensor for more than 6 days.

I hope your order arrived soon!

Thank you. I’ve actually already reached the end of my box which is worrying. She did say if the matter becomes urgent please call back, to which I replied it already is urgent!

I will cross my fingers and hope for the best!