Type 2 BG still elevated 3 days after night out

jeff@jgee

Hi, I went out Saturday night and ate and drank things I know I shouldn’t have. I knew it would have an adverse effect on my BG levels but 3 days later they are still high despite me returning to my usual diet the morning after. Is this usual and if so when are they likely to stabilise? Thanks

Tonk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Jeff,

I had a similar thing while studying at Uni. Went out, drank to much, woke up the next morning pretty sick. Kept throwing up for about 16 hours with high sugars then realised I may not be hungover. Long story short it meant a night in A&E with DKA.

Do you have any symptoms apart from just high sugars? What are they at at the moment and what's your normal range?

EDIT: Just seen this is a type 2 post so may not be relevant but still happy to try and help :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I went out Saturday night and ate and drank things I know I shouldn’t have. I knew it would have an adverse effect on my BG levels but 3 days later they are still high despite me returning to my usual diet the morning after. Is this usual and if so when are they likely to stabilise? Thanks
Jeff, when you say your bloods are high, what does that actually mean, and what do they more usually run at?

Are you feeling well otherwise?

Your profile doesn't help us understand what type of diabetes you have and what sort of treatment you are using to help manage your diabetes. Could you tell us, please?

jeff@jgee

Jeff, when you say your bloods are high, what does that actually mean, and what do they more usually run at?

Are you feeling well otherwise?

Your profile doesn't help us understand what type of diabetes you have and what sort of treatment you are using to help manage your diabetes. Could you tell us, please?

Hi my meds are:
Metformin 2x500mg twice a day
Liraglutide (Victoza) 1.8mg once a day

Since around the beginning of the year I have been on the straight and narrow and getting control back.
In December I was getting readings in the 12.5 - 13.5 range.
Recently they were between about 7.0 - 8.4 but now they are in the 9.0 - 10.0 area
Until Saturday’s misdemeanour my averages were
7 day - 7.9
14 day - 8.0
30 day - 8.1
90 day - 9.3

Sunday I felt a bit rough but put that down to my own stupidity. Surprisingly myBG wasn’t much different to the norm but the started to rise in the evening and have been in the 9.0 - 10.9 since.☹️

jeff@jgee

Hey Jeff,

I had a similar thing while studying at Uni. Went out, drank to much, woke up the next morning pretty sick. Kept throwing up for about 16 hours with high sugars then realised I may not be hungover. Long story short it meant a night in A&E with DKA.

Do you have any symptoms apart from just high sugars? What are they at at the moment and what's your normal range?

EDIT: Just seen this is a type 2 post so may not be relevant but still happy to try and help :)

Hi Tonk I’m feeling fine . . . . . well a bit depressed about the BGs but other than that I feel fine. Anyway thanks for your reply.