libre

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
So got my libre today and i m like a little kid in a candy shop!just wondering if anyone else uses something different to the libre app as not really liking it

D

Deleted Account

I use Glimp. I think it is only available on Android.
The benefits for me are the ability to calibrate against finger pricksvand showing finger prick readings on the graph.
I wouldn’t say it has the most intuitive user interface but the numbers it gives are More accurate for me than LibreLink which is the main thing.
I don’t think you can start the sensor with Glimp so I still need LibreLink.

Reactions: wiserkurtious

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Another one here using Xdrip+. The ability to calibrate it is invaluable due to the Libre being temperamental with its accuracy

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also using xDrip+ myself but we should point out that you need an add-on which is placed on top of the sensor to get features like continuous monitoring (with alarms), calibration and predictive curves. There are two available - the Blucon and MiaoMiao.

So far as I know, Glimp is able to be used as a replacement for the LibreLink app by scanning the sensor with the phone.

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ty for reply's peeps,2 day using libre and ****!!!! i thought my sugars we're well controlled!!well what a insight things have been

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
morning shake is smashing me in,plus noticed something a little strange last night which makes sense to me,dropped pretty quick at 3am while sleeping but gladly it went back up.I ve woke up with hypo's at this time before might drop my basel a unit tonight,also the morning phenomenon seems to be hitting me

Reactions: porl69
D

Deleted Account

morning shake is smashing me in,plus noticed something a little strange last night which makes sense to me,dropped pretty quick at 3am while sleeping but gladly it went back up.I ve woke up with hypo's at this time before might drop my basel a unit tonight,also the morning phenomenon seems to be hitting me
A few (more) things to consider
- Our bodies take up to 24 hours to get used to having a foreign object inserter. Therefore, the first day of readings is less accurate. For this reason, quite a few people insert the Libre and then wait until the next day before activating it
- Libre (and other CGMs) suffer from "pressure drops". If you apply pressure to the sensor, they can report very low readings. This often happens at night when we rest on it in our sleep. For this reason, I take little notice of an unusual Hypo in teh middle of the night that I recover from without waking. I tell myself if I see it happening on a few consecutive nights at around teh same time, I will set an alarm to check what is happening with a finger prick. For me, it is not repeatable.

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
- Our bodies take up to 24 hours to get used to having a foreign object inserter. Therefore, the first day of readings is less accurate. For this reason, quite a few people insert the Libre and then wait until the next day before activating it
- Libre (and other CGMs) suffer from "pressure drops". If you apply pressure to the sensor, they can report very low readings. This often happens at night when we rest on it in our sleep. For this reason, I take little notice of an unusual Hypo in teh middle of the night that I recover from without waking. I tell myself if I see it happening on a few consecutive nights at around teh same time, I will set an alarm to check what is happening with a finger prick. For me, it is not repeatable.

o ok ty for the info,learning :)))))))

Reactions: Kim Possible

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
- Our bodies take up to 24 hours to get used to having a foreign object inserted. Therefore, the first day of readings is less accurate. For this reason, quite a few people insert the Libre and then wait until the next day before activating it

Hi. I have heard a few times of people inserting their Libre 24 hours before activating it.
Couple of questions:

1. As long as you don't activate it, presumably you still get your 14 days?

2. I assume that for that extra "handover" day, you are still taking readings from you "old" sensor, which would mean that for 24 hours 'ish, you have two Libre sensors on your body.

3. Does this allow you to move your MiaoMiao from one to the other without having an hour where there are no MM readings?

Still Learning.
Live Long and Prosper

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Even if you don't put the new libre in 24 hours before, you can still use the miaomiao on the expired sensor for a few hours or till the new one has started, so you can get 100% coverage.
Yes, you'll have two libre sensors on for that time - one on each arm for me.