Have Diabetes Type 2 for 40 years, and still no complications

delia 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
shopping, eating out
I'll be 73 yrs old on April 2019. My height is 5' 2". I've never gain more than 105 lbs. except when was pregnant I've gained 20 lbs. My first born was 8 lbs. and 2.5 ounces and the second one 7 lbs. 8 ounces. After a few weeks, I regained my usual weight. I'm curently taking Diamicron MR 30MG in the morning and Janumet XR 50/1000 MG in the evening; 1 tablet ea per day. All my six siblings have diabetes type 2 also; it's hereditary. I try to do workouts 3X a week - using dumbells 10 lbs. each, going up and down the stairs (14 steps each floor) for 15 minutes, do mild push ups, etc. I read a lot about this illness (still reading) and about glycemic index, and I make sure what I'm reading are from reliable sources. I'm careful of what I'm eating ... of course, with temptations around, it's hard. I believe the two most important traits of someone who has diabetes or (or even without diabetes) is knowledge and discipline. Attached is my picture taken last year, December 2018.

Attachments

• Del-bathingSuit-workingout copy.jpg
    Del-bathingSuit-workingout copy.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 427
Reactions: gemma_T1
K

Knikki

Hello @delia 2 and welcome to the forum, congratulations on your achievements however not sure I would stand in my bikini in the snow doing weights.

Hope you have many more happy years to come.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I'll be 73 yrs old on April 2019. My height is 5' 2". I've never gain more than 105 lbs. except when was pregnant I've gained 20 lbs. My first born was 8 lbs. and 2.5 ounces and the second one 7 lbs. 8 ounces. After a few weeks, I regained my usual weight. I'm curently taking Diamicron MR 30MG in the morning and Janumet XR 50/1000 MG in the evening; 1 tablet ea per day. All my six siblings have diabetes type 2 also; it's hereditary. I try to do workouts 3X a week - using dumbells 10 lbs. each, going up and down the stairs (14 steps each floor) for 15 minutes, do mild push ups, etc. I read a lot about this illness (still reading) and about glycemic index, and I make sure what I'm reading are from reliable sources. I'm careful of what I'm eating ... of course, with temptations around, it's hard. I believe the two most important traits of someone who has diabetes or (or even without diabetes) is knowledge and discipline. Attached is my picture taken last year, December 2018.

Well done @delia 2 , that's quite an achievement. Your photo is fabulous, I try to keep fit and active too and watch my weight. Keep on doing what you are doing :)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Wow Delia, from one lady to another you are looking GREAT on it! x

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From a man to a woman. Really well done. Is it ironic perhaps that it is actually the T2 keeping you healthy! A peculiar but satisfying scenario.

Sent from my TA-1020 using DCUK Forum mobile app

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@delia 2 . Welcome to the forum. I’m sure you’ll be a ray of hope and sunshine to many T2’s on the forum.